Chapter 12: Duel Of Dual Ambitions

Start from the beginning

"No doubt plotting a way to break their Trainer out." Nate subconsciously squeezed on his glass cup of juice. "Parker and his gang, they always find a way to have one of their own slip through the cracks and break the others out. That always happens. Justice is never served..."

"Well, I've personally ordered security to be tripled on this guy. He's not going anywhere-"

"He's getting out, all right," Nate interrupted bitterly, his brown eyes narrowed with silent anger. He instinctively reached towards his belt, where his Poké Balls were. "But I'm gonna be ready for him..."

An awkward silence fell upon the table, as everyone stared at Nate's serious expression. Then, hoping to break the ice, Ash quickly spoke up.

"Oh, hey Nate! Remember the battle we're gonna have today?"

Fortunately for the raven-haired Trainer, Nate's eyes lit back up with excitement and determination.

"You bet!" he exclaimed. "There's no way I'd forget something like that, Ash!"

"Awesome! I'm totally psyched!"

Summer looked from Ash to Nate and back, and then said, "Alright, well...that's all I have to report to you guys, I guess. Glad to see you guys getting situated so easily. I'll get back to you if anything else happens." She started walking away, waving goodbye all the while. "Keep me posted on Celebi's condition!"

"Will do!" Selene called, saluting adorably at the departing Ranger.

The little girl then looked at Celebi, who was politely eating some Oran Berries out of a bowl. The Time Travel Pokémon was currently wearing a small plaid cloth to obscure her appearance. To Selene, the cloth made Celebi look like Little Red Riding Hood. And she couldn't help but giggle with adoration at that.

The Beauté Hotel

Yancy sat at one of the tables of the hotel's complimentary café, eating some cereal and milk from a simple glass bowl. Seated beside her was Blanche, and on the other side of the table were Kazalie and Shulin. All four Performers were absentmindedly eating their well-needed breakfast while eagerly watching a TV set at the corner of the café.

"Good morning, citizens of Kalos!" exclaimed a female reporter. She was standing in a room, in front of a screen depicting live footage of the Laurier Maison. "I bring you back to Kiloude City, where a stunning event is about to get underway in about a couple of hours!"

"And it's about to get even more stunning with me around," Shulin proclaimed haughtily.

"Shhh!" Kazalie said, her eyes still glued to the screen.

"That's right, folks!" the reporter continued. "I'm talking about the one and only Exhibition Showcase to mark the end of a beautiful and dazzling Showcase season!"

"Beautiful?" Shulin repeated flatly. "Dazzling? Heh. I'd say it was the same old, same old."

"Shhh!" Kazalie said, her eyes still glued to the screen.

"Boy, it sure was a great season," remarked a male reporter off-screen.

"Indeed it was, and I can't wait to see what these remarkable Pokémon Performers have in store for us and all the people here in Kiloude City today!"

"Ohhhhh, just you wait, lady," Shulin said confidently.

"Shhh!" Kazalie said, her eyes still glued to the screen.

"And now, to start off this fine and fabulous day, I will be having an interview with our one and only Kalos Queen, Ariiiiia!"

"ARRRRRIIIIIAAAAA!" Shulin suddenly squealed with excitement, just as the aforementioned Kalos Queen appeared on the screen, smile and all. Kazalie didn't even bother shushing her this time, though several other customers did look at the Performers' direction, annoyed at the sudden outburst.