Past, Dream, and Future

Half a year has passed since being reincarnated in this new world. She has grown accustomed to this new life and the language of the land.

"So I'm really reborn as a woman  huh and it seems like my name is Eina, I'll probably be very pretty and fawned over by men."

She spoke as she looked at her mother.

"My mother is a beauty after all, and my father isn't so bad either. I'm a child of two good looking couple there's no way I'll be ugly."

Then a sudden revelation came to her mind.

"I'm still a dude inside right? so that means if I got pleased at the idea of being fawned over by men, does that mean I'm somewhere along the lines of being gay?"

She shook her head.

"But no no no, this body is a woman now, so technically it's not right? but still my mind is that of a man." 

"Ugh!"
She scratched her head. "This is damn confusing!"

She's learned how to crawl and navigate around the home and do some things on her own. Then one day, she comes a room not far from her parent's room.

"Was this room always here before?"

She opened the door, a slow creaking sound echoed as she did.

"Hmmm.." 

The items around the room are old and dusty, each one seemingly being a prized artifact. But one item stood out the most like a sore thumb in the girl's eyes, a certain book.

She ran towards the book and dusted it's exterior out while she picked it up.

 The book was a book about magic, the young girl looked ecstatic and quickly opened the book, but just as expected, she couldn't read it.

"Right, I'll need to learn to read and write first before I try reading this book. I'll return this and wait a few more years until I can finally read."

Her parents always read her stories at night for the next 2 years and in those years, she's been trying to decipher the book. She learned how to get the gist of the text and read out a chant from the book.

"God of Water none can come close to your glory, heed my wish and assist me in subduing my enemy. Show them the might of water in a massive tidal wave! Raging Waters!"

She brought out a gush of water that was just as strong as a leak in a modern faucet, she collapsed on the ground due to lack of mana. The girl was panting on the ground and is seemingly paralyzed, she couldn't move a single limb.

"Huff.. crap..! out of mana.."

"But.. how does one.. increase their mana capa-.. city..?"

She dozed off.

I used to be bullied at school. I was your typical victim, a fatso, no fighting capabilities and always tried to correct every wrong doing I see. Till one time it got too far where I've been forced to strip naked, and my classmates took photos of my disgusting naked body. I was even forced to drown myself on the toilet. I finally snapped and there I swore to never go back to school anymore. My friends and family tried to cheer me up but I pushed them away. Looking back, maybe I should've taken their hand, maybe I would've gotten better overtime.

But, it was too late. When I finally realized that I wanted to change, they have already given up on me. Once my mother died and the funeral was held, I stayed inside the home, like a disgusting slob I was watching porno and jerked myself off, and played games all day long. What do I do? even if I come there it's not like I'm going to be of need there, I'm an eyesore. I lived my life as if it was really hell in earth.  After the funeral on a rainy night, a couple of disgruntled family members battered me up with a disgusted and displeased look on their face and forced me out of the home. They smashed up my precious collections and my devices. They seem to have hated the fact that I never showed up despite my mother's death.

I wanted to at least be able to apologize to my parents for being incompetent and being defeated in this battle.

But amidst the night I watched a couple of students not notice a truck coming their way as they playfully crossed the street.

"N-NO! WATCH OUT!"

I yelled out to them, but they couldn't hear me. There was no other choice, with pure instinct to fuel my body I ran across the street and pushed the kids away. To where I could no longer recall what happened next and I just awoke to the conversation with the God that reincarnated me. 

I'm sure they didn't bother to hold a funeral for me and just cremated me, not that I care about it now that I'm in another world. I swear to live my life to the fullest here and avoid the same fate I suffered in my previous life. My parents are very nurturing so I should cherish them.

"I hope.. I can fulfil these wishes of mine."

Eina found herself awake at the lap of her mother, Lillia.

What greeted her was the smile of her mother that enjoyed watching over her as she slept soundly. She was caressing Eina's hair and her thumb ran down her cheek.

"Ah-! you've woken up, Eina?"

Lillia happily greeted Eina with a brighter smile in her face.

"Myra found you at the storage room asleep, next time, when you feel sleepy you should sleep at your room, okay?"

Eina nods at her mother's advice and sat up, slowly. She scratched the side of her head and lunged at her mother to hug her.

"Okay, mama!"

I'm going to live this life.. to the fullest.

Years and years went on and Eina was at the age of 5, by then she has already grown her mana pool so much that she can fire multiple advanced magic without being exhausted. She was often applauded by her mother while her father seems to have this look of suspicion around her.

Then one day when the two was alone outside the gates..

"Eina, no, whatever you are inhabiting my daughter, who are you?"

Her eyes widened from what her father suddenly asked. She didn't know how to answer and was scrambling for words.

"Did I mess up? Is my life over? if I told him I was reincarnated here, will he see me as a heretic and turn me in somewhere?"

Her mind was going places, she didn't know what to say. Then her father broke the silence with a heavy sigh.

"Sorry, forget I even asked."

He turned and the gates were opened before him, and he walked inside.  Eina was relieved to have dodged the question but she knew it won't last long, she needed to find an excuse or answer the next time the question is brought up, and amidst all this, something inside her bothered her heavily.

She went inside and had her dinner, then straight to bed she went.

"If I wasn't reincarnated as their child.. I wonder how that child would grow.."