"I knew you were in before walking in only." She said after a pause. I shot her a glance asking her to continue.

"Well, royal guards were there and your head security officer is standing out of the cabin so it was not a big deal to guess you were inside." She said twisting her hair with her fingers. She is doing it innocently but she is seducing me with that.

"That's not my question. Why did you come in when you knew I was in and why did you neglect me later?" I asked changing the gear. My hand brushed with her legs and she jolted due to the contact.

"I...I thought Bhai was in with you. But knowing you were there alone I couldn't dare to make a conversation." she said looking out yet again.

"Are you afraid of me by any chance?" I  asked her taking a turn towards the restaurant which I booked for us.

"No. I was nervous?" It came out as a question. I chuckled at that and came out. I opened the door for her and we walked in after she said a 'thank you'.

We settled down and the waiters placed the food on the table and left us alone. I thought she would be surprised looking at an empty restaurant and her favorite food placed in front of her but she just smiled at me.

"Aren't you surprised?" I asked her. She placed her hands on the table and looked at me.

"I was shocked, to be frank. I mean you didn't give away any hints during our meetings in these few days. I thought you had actually forgotten the girl you used to visit by the lakeside and then suddenly after our first meet my mumma for... I mean asked about my marriage and I agreed as I thought you were just joking back then and forgot about it but you have sent a proposal? Just like that?" She said in one go with her eyes wide open as she blabbered about everything. I bit my inner cheeks to stop myself from laughing out loud at her cute confused tone with a tint of irritation.

"If you want me to declare to everyone about how I proposed for marriage to a 14-year-old, I would gladly do that, and no, I remember every moment spent with you, they are too precious for me to forget," I replied and she gave me a shy smile with her eyes cast down as her cheeks turned crimson making me smile at her. Then we had our lunch in comfortable silence. 

"I strangely feel comfortable around you even after all these years. It seems like we both never changed," She blurted out after we finished eating. 

"I am still your old Ayan for you, little one," I mused and her cheeks turned a shade darker as she blushed furiously. She called me when she was 5 and couldn't pronounce my name but over the years it became her special name for me, a name only she has the right to call me with. 

"But now you have become one of the top businessmen in the world and are a ruler of this state, Ranaji. You must have learned new things and made new habits which I am unaware of and we are already going to get married," She replied. I like the way she is sharing things with me. 

"Isn't it a great thing that we are going to get married like we wanted to, years ago? Do you like someone else?" I said wiping my hands with a tissue with my hand thudding inside my chest. I know she doesn't meet any boy because my security follows her everywhere but what if she met someone online and likes him? I don't prey on her privacy. So what if she likes someone and hasn't confessed yet? What if they decide not to meet and just be in touch online for the time being? I will kill that bastard who dared to eye my love.

"No! I have always been interested only in you. But... but I don't know anything about this new you. You too don't know many things about me," she said looking down nervously. But my world stopped at her confession of me being the only one in her life. So, my little one too was waiting for me just the way I waited for her. 

"We will meet often from now then. I will show you my all sides, good and bad. Soon, you will be the only one who knows me completely and I am willing to be the unmasked version of me in front of you, for you. I want to know you too, like no one else knows you," I confessed getting up and forwarding my hand to her. She placed her small and soft hand in mine. I pulled her up and her chest touched mine erupting a sensation in both of us. She placed her hands on my chest due to the sudden action. My hand held her back tightly. Her cheeks turned pink, her breath became uneven and her lips started quivering. 

"But... how? Mumma will not... send me out and you will be busy with your work." She said stuttering. Her hot breath is fanning my neck due to our height difference. She would be up to my chest if she was not wearing her heels which increased her height a little.

"I am the King here Aarushi. I will manage everything." I said distancing myself from her. I won't be able to control the urge to kiss her being that close to her.

"Okay," she said tucking a hair strand behind her ear.

"Your brother said to bring you by evening. We have a lot of time for that. Will you spend some time with me?" I asked. She looked up at me with her black doe eyes and soon averted her gaze onto the white marble floor.

"Do you trust me?" I asked again and this time she didn't take much time to say yes. I forwarded my hand and she placed her hand in mine. We both walked out from there hand in hand.