Chapter 12: The Missing Ring

Start from the beginning

Freen must be chasing someone, so I allowed her to go alone. I would only hinder her if I tagged along. With that in mind, I turned my attention to the book and carefully opened its pages. To my surprise, it was completely blank, except for a concealed compartment. Inside that hidden space lay the coveted golden ring.

Is this what they're searching for?

Suddenly, loud knocks on the door jolted my racing heart. I was unsure whether I should conceal the ring, as even if I revealed the truth, it was unlikely that they would believe me.

Who would set me up for this?

"Rank 6. Gulf, a Sagittarius," someone stated behind the door before it was forcefully kicked open from outside, shattering it.

I tightly gripped the ring, feeling a surge of energy coursing through my veins. It overwhelmed me, and I struggled to comprehend what was happening. The pressure was unbearable, and I couldn't endure it.

"Remember, Becky, true strength isn't solely about physical prowess," Freen's voice echoed in my ears.

"What are you doing?" a man's voice interrogated me, causing me to glance up at him.

He studied me with furrowed brows, then swiftly grabbed the ring from my hand, instantly alleviating the overwhelming sensation.

So, it was the ring that had been overloading me with energy.

"Don't tell me you experienced something while holding this," the man inquired, attempting to place the ring on my finger, but Freen intervened, slapping his hand away.

"Becky is undergoing training, which is why she's exhausted. Don't put that ring on her to obtain her fingerprints and frame her for something she didn't do," Freen exclaimed.

The man appeared shocked upon hearing Freen's voice. She rolled her eyes and was about to deliver a finishing blow when Seng intervened, grabbing the man's head, causing him to stagger and collapse to the ground.

"What did you do?" I asked Seng.

"I erased a certain memory from his mind," he replied, then turned to Freen. "Why are you so reckless? Your voice alone could have killed a student!"

Freen rolled her eyes, retrieving the ring from the man's grasp. She handed it to Seng and gestured for him to leave.

"Why did you do that?" I inquired as soon as Seng departed with the man. "Were you going to kill him simply because he heard your voice?"

"My voice, my lips, my saliva, or anything connected to my mouth has the potential to kill people unintentionally when I am mad. It's easier to explain that I ended him with a punch rather than my voice," Freen retorted, frustration evident in her voice.

"What about me?" I questioned. "Why am I healing? I thought it depended on whether you intended to harm or heal."

"I lied. Sometimes, things happened just because I said it. Not all the time I could kill but not all the time, I could heal. I don't know what's this ability of mine. I'm also afraid of it," Freen admitted, lowering her head as she let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. I approached her and revealed the bruise on my arm caused by the ring's energy. "Can you help me heal this?" I asked.

Freen regarded me with tired eyes. As she neared, her gaze filled with compassion, and her touch on my tear-stained cheeks was gentle and warm. My heart fluttered. Then, her lips brushed softly against mine, a tender and soothing kiss that seemed to possess the power of healing.

Yet in that moment, something deep within me stirred. A desire, dormant and unrecognized, awakened with a sudden intensity. Without fully comprehending Freen's intentions, I found myself instinctively responding, moving in sync with her, as if an invisible force pulled us closer.

The kiss deepened, and I surrendered to the whirlwind of emotions coursing through me. My hands naturally found their way to Freen's waist, drawing her nearer, as if an invisible thread bound us together. It was a newfound longing, a flame ignited by this unexpected connection.

Amidst the chaos of the room, the outside world faded away, leaving only the intense bond between us. Freen's lips became a language of unspoken desires, and I willingly embraced it. Our breaths intertwined, creating a rhythmic dance that synchronized with the beat of our hearts, as if we existed in our own timeless universe.

Lost in the moment, I allowed myself to explore the depths of our connection, moving in harmony with Freen. It was a collision of emotions—confusion, desire, and the fear of what this meant for us. Yet, in that fleeting instant, I abandoned myself to the fire that blazed within.

As our shared passion peaked, we reluctantly broke apart, our chests heaving with shared breathlessness. The weight of misunderstanding settled upon me, casting a shadow over the tenderness we had just shared. Uncertainty clouded my vision, and a pang of regret tinged my heart.

When our eyes met, I saw the same confusion and regret reflected in Freen's gaze. In that shared understanding, I realized that we needed to unravel the complexity of our desires, to find clarity amidst the tangled emotions that led us to this point.

"I'm sorry," she uttered, then abruptly left the room.