Role Playing With Him Part 2

Ignoring the loud beating of my heart, I meet his eyes and make my way past him and towards the front door

Ignoring the loud beating of my heart, I meet his eyes and make my way past him and towards the front door. I can sense him behind me but am shocked when I feel his hand land on my lower back as he guides me to the black range rover parked right in front of the house. He opens the passenger side door and offers me his hand to help me in.

"Thank you." I smile at him gratefully.

Once I'm inside, he closes the door and makes his way to the driver's side. Turning on the ignition, he turns to me with a cold look that immediately makes any of his previous nice actions fly out the window.

"Nothing about tonight is real. Don't forget it. Make no mistake, you are only here because of my father and nothing else. I hold no feelings for you."

Fucking asshole. As if I needed a reminder. 

"Trust me, I hold no feelings for you either. So don't worry. Let's get tonight over with and I can return to my daily programmed schedule." I place one of my legs over the other which exposes my thigh and turn my body towards the window.

I hear a low growl come from him but decide to ignore him. I can see from his reflection on my window that his grip tightens on the steering wheel as he drives off. His eyes pitch black and veins exposed because of his harsh grip.

"I need you to approve a scouting trip for me. It will be me and five other warriors. I know where they are taking the pack members that have been taken. I need to go to verify with my own eyes." I speak up.

"Negative."

"What? Why?"

"You're not going."

"You're denying me to do my job now too? How are we supposed to get this issue resolved if I don't go out there to help?!"

"You can send your right hand with the five warriors, I. An approve them, you on the other hand are to remain within the pack grounds."

"I am a warrior! I am a head scout! Why was I made Delta if I'm not going to be allowed to carry out my duties? I should deal with this issue directly, not delegate it to my right hand."

"I said no Rosalind. And that's final."
I give an annoyed sigh and begin to ignore him for the remainder of the ride. Once we arrived at our destination, a high class looking restaurant at the edge of our pack, I quickly made my way out of the car and walked towards the entrance.

"Rosalind!" I hear Lucian growl just behind me.

"What now?" I ask as he grabs me by the arm firmly.

"You will be on your best behavior tonight. Whatever it is you're upset about now, I don't care about it, you will leave it at the door right here right now. Do you understand?"

"Yes Alpha. I understand." I give my curt reply and mask my face to not let him see the hurt from his words and actions.

"Let's go." He let go of my arm only to grab my hand and intertwine our fingers.