Chapter 37 : FINAL CHAPTER

An hour later, I'm still holding my cell phone in my hand, staring at it like somehow the right words are just going to magically appear on screen.

I kind of wish they would.

But alas, of course they won't and don't, so I know I need to kick my own ass into asking Rosé out on a date. It's been four weeks since she's been back and we have been going slowly―like, snail slowly―with small kisses, light hugs and barely-there touches, and don't get it wrong, it's been good... but I know―well, now I know thanks to Jisoo butting into my business again―that it's probably time to move on up and get something going... again.

Sure, I was heartbroken, I was hurt, and it's going to take time to get over that, but Rosé's here, she's back, and she's mine. I already know that, and there's a large part of me that wants to make that official.

So fuck it, I'm just going to do it.

Two seconds later, my thumbs are typing away at the screen and I'm pressing the send button with my heart beating so damn fast it could burst straight from my chest. My feet tap nervously as I watch the little bar fill up completely and I wait for a few seconds before I decide I don't want to be completely pathetic and stand around waiting for her to text back. So I tuck mu phone back into my pocket and step back onto the sidewalk, heading back to work since that's what I came down here for anyway.

By the time I reach the door to work, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and withhold the urge to look super eager and rip my pocket apart to grab my phone, and slowly withdraw it instead, all the while my feet moving toward the back room, a casual expression on my face. Well, a casual expression that quickly turns into a wide grin as I read the words on the phone screen.

Rosiepoop :
Like, a real date? Not a fake one with like fake roses and cardboard cut outs of waiters, but one with real roses and real waiters?

My eyes narrow a little as I chuckle to myself; sometimes Rosé can be kind of weird, but it's endearing and adorable, and it's a part of her that makes me fall in love all over again. So I quickly type back, the same wide grin across my face.

Lisapoop :
Yeah, Rosie, a real date with real roses, waiters and food. Well... as long as that's what you want

Barely a few seconds later, I'm reaching the rota and copying my shifts into my phone. I get halfway before I see the banner pop up the top of my screen with Rosé's reply.

Rosiepoop :
I want that more than anything :) How about tomorrow?

I frown a little because I'm not sure when Jisoo was planning on throwing the surprise party, so I quickly send my friend a text and wait for her reply before I text Rosé back. Luckily, Jisoo texts back pretty quickly, and I'm halfway out the front door again, waving blindly to whoever is yelling goodbye to me, as I type out Rosé's reply.

Lisapoop :
What about tonight? I'm kind of excited to take you out finally

Rosiepoop :
Tonight sounds amazing. Pick me up at 8?

Lisapoop :
Great. See you later, gorgeous

Rosiepoop :
Right back at you ;)

I begin chuckling nervously to myself as I put my phone away again, wondering what the hell I'm going to wear and where the fuck we're going to eat.

Shit. I probably should've thought this through.

***

Seeing as Jisoo was the one with the last minute plans, I decide to give her a call and ask where a decent restaurant is that will take reservations at such late notice. Conveniently, she tells me that she knows someone who works in Te Amo, a new and fancy Italian a few blocks away from my apartment, and that she'll have a word to see if they can fit me and Rosé in.