Chapter 12

'Do you wanna come with me?'

It's such a simple question and yet I feel like a complete idiot for asking. I literally just talked to my mom and she asked if I had a girlfriend, and if so, I could bring her to the family gathering next weekend and for some fucking reason I've just asked Rosé to come with me, even though I'm pretty sure she heard the conversation between me and my mom which could explain why she's staring at me with parted lips, raised eyebrows and wide eyes.

And I can't even take the words back and shove them in my bedside drawer. They're already out and now I've just gotta wait for the answer.

"You want me to come with you?" Rosé finally repeats, one of her hands toying with the strands of her hair. I know that means she's nervous and I gulp and nod anyway. I do want her to come with me, but I just don't want her to take it the wrong way. "Like, to your family gathering?"

Dumbly, I nod again and wet my lips. "Well, yeah," I say, awkwardly lifting a shoulder as much as I can from this position. "I mean, if you're not doing anything."

"I'm not," Rosé shoots back, straight away, shaking her head. "But I mean... are you sure?" She asks through slightly squinted eyes.

It's only now that I realize Rosé wasn't freaked out by the suggestion, but nervous that I didn't mean it. Because of that, I let out a small chuckle and nod my head as much as I can, my hands reaching out and grabbing hers, fingers tangling together. "Of course I am," I breathe. "I mean, if you feel uncomfortable then you don't have to but-"

"No, no," Rosé interjects. "I'd like to come," she says, bobbing her head to add to her approval of the suggestion. "Miami, babyyyyy," she sings and I chuckle because she's ridiculous but so sexy and cute. I don't know how to deal with her sometimes.

I grab the back of her thighs, holding her and take the moment she's laughing as a distraction and push up and over, knocking her back further down the bed. Her hands cling at my shoulders and her legs fly into the air, wrapping around my waist, ankles crossing and locking, but I just dip my head to kiss her softly, humming against her mouth when I pull away because I'm still pretty hard and I know she can feel it.

"Mmhmm, you got that right," I mumble against her mouth. "But I believe we were in the middle of something," I suggest, my tone dipping.

Rosé's laugh gets lost against my mouth as she tugs me down into a kiss, her hand snaking between us and dipping beneath my boxers.

***

The week goes by and nothing interesting happens. Jisoo seems to have turned down the suspicion and hasn't brought up the dating thing to me nor Rosé, so I'm assuming she got bored with not knowing and gave up. I'm kind of glad; it was starting to freak me out because when Jisoo wants to know something, she'll do absolutely everything in her power until she finds out. I learned that in the first two weeks of being friends with her.

But anyway, the weekend comes and I tell Jisoo that I'm heading off to Miami to visit my family and Rosé says that she's going back to Chicago to have an early Thanksgiving. Jisoo doesn't question it and even though her lack of reaction is actually making me suspicious, I ignore it and focus on going to Miami with Rosé.

A few days ago I managed to book two cheap, last-minute return tickets and I figured since I offered to take Rosé, I would pay for hers so when she asked me how much it was, I just waved her off and told her she was actually saving me from death by boredom. She'd done that soft smile where she'd held my eye, breathed out deeply and then let the corners of her lips tug up into a smile that made my heart leap against my chest.

Though I acknowledged that probably wasn't the best reaction to have for my fuck buddy.

So moving on, Rosé and I packed our bags and we headed off to Miami, arriving in the early evening to sun, warmth and basically everything that New York isn't. It's truly a breath of fresh air and when I get off the plane and go to the baggage claim section, I call my dad and ask him to come and pick me up. My parents moved down here after I moved to the Big Apple four years ago, seeing no point in staying in Bumfuck, Ohio, and I was a little reluctant considering it was a big change for them because they aren't getting any younger, but when I'd seen the house they'd bought and just how freaking beautiful Miami is with its blue sea and white sand, I didn't think it was too bad.