"Fine, I'll go. If I don't end the night with my cock in a bartender, you two owe me," Nyx spoke, sending them both pointed looks. Adonis laughed, slapping a hand on Nyx's shoulder.

"Trust me, from who we think is working tonight, at least one of them would drop to their knees for you. Both if you're lucky," he mused. Nyx rolled his eyes but couldn't help his grin as he excused himself and rushed up the stairs to change. A majority of the younger generation didn't know Nyx by his face, so he felt somewhat secure in throwing a cloak on and joining his old friends at the tavern. It was always the trainees that frequented it.

He hurried down the stairs, desperate to either get drunk or fucked. Adonis and Nic were waiting by the door, lost in some type of conversation. They left the house and made their way down the road, laughing about old memories from their time in the camp. Nyx couldn't help the sick feeling in his gut as they neared the tavern. They blended into the groups of trainees that filed into the small building, a loud sea of voices already.

Adonis and Nic acted as Nyx's bodyguards as they shoved through the crowd to the bar. His throat felt tight, the two tall males blocking his view of the bar counter. Theia wouldn't be here, she hated crowds, she hated working here. Nyx continuously chanted the affirmations in his head, letting his eyes roam the crowd.

"Ah, fuck. The whore is here." Nyx heard Nicholas's voice, making him cringe at the term. He was one to gladly accept any pleasure from a female, but Nyx would only use those terms if the female asked him to. Using it as a harmful term had Nyx grimacing at his old friend's attitude.

His arm got tugged back as they neared the bar. Nyx turned to see a short female with wide eyes staring up at him. He was hoping his cloak would be enough coverage to avoid speculation, but this female seemed interested. Nyx let Nic and Adonis continue to the bar as the female leaned into his body and slurred up to him.

"Haven't seen you around, new trainee?"

Nyx scoffed. "No, I've been around here before. And you?"

Her white teeth sunk into her bottom lip as her eyes burned into his. "Not new. Though I'd like to get to know you, stranger."

Nyx wanted to cringe at her poor attempt at flirting. His lack of orgasms in the past few weeks spoke for themselves, though.

"What's your name?"

Her hooded eyes blinked slowly as she ran a hand up his arm. "Lorelei," she cooed. Pretty name, he thought.

"Nice to meet you, I'm-"

He was cut off by a tankard of ale being shoved against his arm, spilling onto his cloak. Nyx hissed as he jerked away, ready to curse at the culprit. Instead, he saw Nicholas grinning back at him. Nyx took the drink with a muttered 'thanks' and turned back to Lorelei. She was gone, replaced by wings that nearly stabbed his eye out. Nyx shoved at the male, making him stumble forward. The bastard was too drunk to try and fight.

Already regretting his choice to join his friends, Nyx began chugging the bitter ale. He had forgotten how horrendous the drink was compared to finely crafted wines and whiskeys. Nonetheless, Nyx downed the tankard in seconds. Nicholas and Adonis crowded around him, laughing as they sipped the drink. Adonis's eyes dropped down to the cup in Nyx's hands.

"Shit, Nyx. Didn't think you'd need a whole keg. Come on, Theia's back here. You can meet her," Adonis nudged, already turning around. Nyx dropped the tankard, the ceramic shattering on the ground. His wide eyes remained on Adonis's back, even while Nic cursed and shook his shoulder.

"Nyx, are you alright? What the fuck?"

Theia was there. Theia was in the tavern. Theia was a barkeep. His pulse thundered in his ears. Someone rammed into his shoulder on their way to the bar, kicking the shards of ceramic around the floor. Voices murmured around him, but Nyx couldn't bring himself to look at anyone.

He thought the first time seeing her again would bring rage, uncontrollable and ravenous. It didn't. He hadn't even seen her yet, and he couldn't breathe. Calm the fuck down. The rational side of his brain was screaming at him. Nyx blinked, clearing his throat and looking down at the mess he had made.

"Are you fucking stupid?" Some male asks as he shoves Nyx to the side. There it was. The rage climbed up from the depths. Nyx wanted to grin as he turned his head to the male who shoved him. He caught him by the collar, pulling him by the throat.

"Are you? Stop fucking shoving people and mistakes wouldn't happen," Nyx spat. It was a relaxed complaint compared to what he wanted to do. If he caused a scene, Theia would see him and it would be far worse. Nyx shoved the male away from him just in time to see the female from the night before climbing onto the bar.

"Everyone move!" She shrieks, waving her arms towards Nyx. Fuck. He slid behind Nic, who was still giving him a bewildered look. The crowd parted, giving the female enough room to drag a broom towards the shattered tankard. Nyx gritted his teeth, watching the female sweep up his mess. He felt fucking ridiculous. Some conquest from two centuries ago shouldn't make him loose his sanity like that.

"This was a mistake," Nyx muttered, turning to leave the tavern. Nic caught him by the arm, dragging him back.

"You said you wanted your cock in a barkeep, well, she's up there. Adonis is talking to her, looks like you need to blow some steam off anyway," he said before nudging Nyx toward the far end of the bar. Before he could stop himself, his eyes lifted. He saw an arm in a wool sweater peeking out from behind Adonis's wings. That was enough to have nausea threatening him. Nic shoved him again when the female was finished cleaning, making him stumble forward.

Adonis started to turn, and Nyx couldn't look away. The anger filled him again and again, the pressure in his head thickening. Nic and Adonis were talking about Theia. They had fucked her. His jaw popped as he watched her come into view.

She didn't look the same. Not an ounce of her looked like the female he fell in love with. Her hair was shorter, her face fuller. There was a terrified look in her eyes, and Nyx was sure it was because of his presence. His eye twitched as he noticed a dark spot on her throat. Someone left their mark on her.

"Nyx, come here!" Adonis called, waving him over. Nyx's eyes settled on Theia's as he slowly stalked forward. Her eyes locked onto his, and they widened. Nyx cocked his head, a feral grin bearing his teeth. He wanted to tear that pretty little throat right out. It wasn't love or heartbreak that filled him. It was bloodthirsty rage.

He met Adonis's side, noting the white knuckles as Theia grasped the counter. His grin widened as his eyes flicked back to hers. He knew his face was still hidden beneath his cloak, but she could see his smile easily. Her eyes were locked on it.

"Nice to meet you, Theia."