Chapter 19: Baseball Idiots finally free!

Начните с самого начала

"What are you waiting for? Didn't you hear our pitcher? To the showers and pack your stuff! Anyone who isn't at the bus in an hour will be left behind!" Kataoka barked.

His stern order finally managed to trigger the team's euphoria. The Seidou boys jumped to their feet and cheered loudly, totally ecstatic about the fact that they would be able to do wellness right after their hell camp had ended just some seconds ago. Paradise after the brutal hell was exactly what everyone honestly needed right now. They had been looking forward to new year and their few days of home vacation anyway, but Sora's little reward was just the cherry on top. Nobody would've expected this, but the surprise only made it even better.

Before her teammates rushed to the showers, they were grouping around their blue head to give their thanks and appreciation. The boys patted her shoulders and her back and some also ruffled her hair. It was a huge, loud, shouting and laughing mess, but Sora enjoyed it genuinely to see her team members so cheerful and grinning from ear to ear.

"Nice one, Sora!" Sawamura was the last one to approach her after all the others had already dashed to the bathroom.

"I'm glad you seem to like the idea. I wasn't so sure if boys would want to do a wellness day"

The brunette grinned and nodded when suddenly Takashima appeared by their side.

"Sawamura-kun, you better go have a shower as well, I will take care of Aoki-san this time"

"Eh?"

The young girl blinked confused.

"I will let you use my private shower in the other building. It is connected to my office directly. This will be faster for now, we can't afford to be late or to draw any unnecessary attention"

"I see. Thank you very much Takashima-sensei!"

"Roger, Ma'am", Sawamura saluted. "See ya later, Sora"

And off he was, leaving only a cloud of dust behind. The blue haired girl giggled and shook her head while following her teacher to her shower room.

"Please make sure our third years and managers also come along. Ah, and of course your fellow staff members as well. You're all invited to come over with us", Sora said before entering the private bathroom with her sports bag over her shoulder, containing her change of clothes and some other stuff.

"I understand. Thank you, Aoki-san. I appreciate your surprise for the team. I will be sure also to thank your parents and your brother properly later on. And I will be giving them a report on how you're doing in our care since you have entered Seidou"

With a slightly hinted bow, the brunette woman turned on her heel and walked away, leaving Sora alone to have her shower.

It didn't even take a whole hour for the baseball team to assemble in front of the main gate of Seidou High School. They were all way too eager to get going, despite their aching bodies and sore muscles. Or maybe just because of them.

Since the wellness center of Sora's family was also located in Tokyo, the bus drive didn't take too long. Nevertheless, the atmosphere was lighthearted and full of anticipation. Sora was sitting in the very back of the bus, surrounded by Miyuki, Kuramochi, Sawamura and the younger Kominato brother. Their friends were questioning the young girl and the brunette pitcher how and when they would've had the time to practice the dance choreo with their managers since it had been training camp all along, causing them both to start laughing about their curiosity.

Only a short while later, the bus stopped in front of the wellness center. Sora was the first one to enter through the big main entrance with the Seidou staff following closely behind her and then the whole bunch of her lively teammates.