"No. The authorities took away our phones because everyone thinks we are dead or missing."

"Good point." Ben nods before Mick sighs.

"I know everyone thinks Jared would be good for me, and I am thankful for that. But,"

"But?"

"I have known him for years, but I only see us as great friends. My heart was in it, but it's not the right time for me."

"Because of the accident." Ben agrees, "Is it bad that I hope you can be Lexa's guardian one day?"

"I just hope her new guardians are good for her or are still around. Only if what everyone keeps telling us. It's apparently five years later." Mick frowns.

"Apply anyways, Mick. She's in the system." Ben suggests.

"I can only hope."

"We both can."

***

Dozing off for a little while, Mick feels shaking. Becoming alert again, Mick wakes up again to see the guy from before trying to take Lexa away and Cal is shaking both her and Ben awake.

"Hey!" Mick shouts jumping to her feet and rushes over, "Put Lexa down right now!" Mick orders to the guy. As the guy does so, Lexa immediately runs over to her crying. Picking Lexa up, Mick glares daggers at him. Hushing Lexa softly, Lexa sobs hard and struggles to breathe, "Take some deep breaths, sweetie. I got you now."

"Where were you taking her?" Ben roars furiously with Cal holding his hand.

"Interviews." The guy shrugs, "It's part of my job."

"Lexa doesn't even talk." Mick argues.

"What's going on here?" The man from earlier that night asks. He's the one that broke to the passengers, the news.

"Who are you?" Ben snaps.

"Vance from the NSA." Vance states, "I asked you to get Lexa Clarksan." Vance turns to his 'follower' in Mick's opinion.

"Lexa doesn't talk." Mick repeats her earlier statement.

"Is she the one in your arms?"

"Yes."

"Okay, how about I ask yes or no questions, and she stays on your lap. The only chance for you to talk, is to explain to her." Vance offers.

"Okay." Mick agrees before walking over to Vance, "And the next time one of your men or women needs Lexa, wake me if I'm asleep."

"Deal." Vance nods before leading her and Lexa to the Security Office they are using for interviews. Taking a seat, Mick finds a bottle of apple juice on the table with a straw, "Only the children from the flight are getting juice for free."

"Nice." Mick answers dully, "How many are they allowed?"

"Two. The rest of the time is water." Vance frowns, "If we had more time or notice, we would give out more."

"Understandable."

"So, I must take Lexa's height, weight and a photo for filing." Vance warns, "Everyone is going through this."

"Go ahead, but first I need to calm her down."

"I will just sit here and take notes. Can you do the measurements?"

"Sure." Immediately setting Lexa on the ground, Lexa just turns around silently and reach up to Mick, "Sweetie, we just need two things from you then you can go back to cuddling with me. Can you do this for me?"

As Vance watches he can't help but feel his heart break.

"Wait a minute." Vance breathes looking at Mick, "Tell me about yourself first and how you got Lexa to trust you?"

"Honestly, I have no idea." Mick explains before picking Lexa back up as Vance gives Lexa the chance to get comfortable, if possible.

"In her file, it tells me about the police reports from Jamaica and Children's Services." Vance informs Mick, "In one of the reports from Children's Services, they mention a woman that Lexa grew attached to right away. They left her in the woman's care for the flight. Was that you?"

"Yes." Mick answers.

"Judging by the check in report from the flight, your Michaela Stone, correct?"

"Yes."

As the interview goes on, off camera, Vance and Mick bounces questions back and forth until it's time to check the height and weight again. This time however, Lexa immediately sits down and tries to take off her shoes without any luck.

"Her mom never taught Lexa anything nor allowed her to go to school." Mick reveals sadly before untying Lexa's shoes. Picking her up carefully, Mick sets her on the scale and measures her height. Replaying the numbers for Vance, Mick then helps Lexa off the scale and ties up her shoes.

"Does that include her speech or reading?"

"Reading, yes. Lexa will only speak when she feels safe, I find." Mick answers.

"That's good to know. So, Lexa, I will only ask yes or no questions. You don't have to answer verbally. Only by action, okay?" Vance asks.

Watching Lexa nod, Vance smiles, "At the end, I will sneak you and your friend an extra bottle of apple juice, if I can." Helping Lexa open her bottle, both Vance and Mick notices that Lexa's baby teeth look unhealthy, but she's also malnourished. As the camera turns on, Vance asks the questions, and writes Lexa's answers down.

When dismissed at the end of the questions, Vance turns off the camera to give Lexa the extra bottle on her way out. Smiling softly at Vance, Mick carries Lexa back to Ben and Cal so she can get some rest. Sitting back down on the cot, Lexa picks up Mick's fallen sweater and passes it back to her.