An impeccably dressed waiter approached me with a tray of Champagne flutes, offering me a glass. I declined, even though I thought this would be the perfect time to let loose. I watched as he quickly moves on to a couple, attending to more refined guests.

Just when I contemplated turning around to sprint for the exit and slipping away unnoticed, a familiar voice cut through the crowd.

"You came." Theo's voice brought me somewhat of a relief and I immediately brightened up. He appeared in front of me, his presence casting a warm glow that eased my nerves.

As usual, he looked absolutely breathtaking in a casual navy wool sweater, black trousers with a matching leather belt looped around his waist, and loafers. Theo was the only person who dared to dress as if in a cold season, yet his skin has begun to tan which made him glow under any lighting. The sterling chain underneath all his layers is subtle and his fringe is gelled with precision.

Now that I notice it, he was the only person who looked somewhat normal in my eyes. Like he didn't even try, but nonetheless, the most good-looking person in the room.

"I thought you wouldn't come."

I mustered a smile and brought my hands behind my back to hide the small box I was anxiously holding, feeling a mix of gratitude and slight embarrassment.

"I thought I'd show up for a bit, you know?"

Theo looked puzzled, scanning the room as if trying to understand my perspective. "For a bit? You're not planning on staying?"

He had misunderstood me. I had no other plans for the day but to suck up to him like the sick fuck that I was.

The truth was, I'd cleared my duties of finishing up Ricardo's car and going out with Mom just for this, and so far, I'm not regretting it.

Jokes aside, Thea is really who I am here for.

"You didn't say there was a dress code," I glanced around. "Everyone looks so... put together. I would've appreciated a heads up."

I find Theo's parents in the distance, chatting with an older couple who seems to be so caught up in the conversation that they don't notice me staring.

Mrs. Lauder catches my eyes and instantly, her face brightens.

She nudges her head slightly as if she was acknowledging my presence, though it didn't seem like she was surprised to see me. Mr. Lauder, however, hasn't noticed me come in through the open yard, and I'm glad. It would probably be awkward and unpleasant given that he isn't my biggest fan.

Theo tilted his head, his gaze shifting from the crowd to me, and only does he scan my body when assessing my appearance. After a moment of silence, he cleared his throat and spoke in a gentle tone. "I see no problem with it."

"You don't look bad," he says in a whisper, but it's brief because he quickly looks away and his tongue pokes his cheek as the wind blew against his light brown tresses.

It's so silky and lengthy that I want to run my fingers through them.

"I like it."

Butterflies erupt in my stomach and I have to physically stop myself and my impulsive thoughts of jumping him and suffocating myself with his bulging arms and pounds of lean muscles.

Sometimes I don't think this man is even real, the way he's perfectly built in my eyes like one of Michelangelo's artworks.

I've seen too many high school movies to know none look as ethereal as him, and not lanky and immature.

I have no other ideal boyfriend. Theo is the dream.

"You do?" There is a flicker of hope in my voice.