14 | subtlety

🏁

◢◤◢◤◢◤          Circuit 14         ◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Ola, are you sure about this?" Flashing lights siege the lot as Kade stares at me leaning back against the driver's seat of an AMX Javelin that Kade's cousin, Jairo, let me drive

"Ola, are you sure about this?" Flashing lights siege the lot as Kade stares at me leaning back against the driver's seat of an AMX Javelin that Kade's cousin, Jairo, let me drive. "This could put you in danger."

I giggle at his vexatious tone, pressing a kiss to his jaw dipping inside the interior, and making sure I didn't offend Skye while doing so.

I laugh even harder when I see the look of chagrin on Russell's face. "The old man's bored. I think I'm a good source of entertainment. Someone's gonna have to give a show."

"Don't be too full of yourself, Sainz."

"Oh, so we're on last name basis now?" I quip, grinning. "I didn't know you knew me quite that well, Russell. But don't you worry, I'll let it slide. For now. I have a race to win."

"Do whatever you want," Russell retorts, his arms crossed, flanked by arrogance, haughtiness, and false power.

"Watch me."

"Enough talking and more action."

A small smile curves my lips, "Cheer for me, will ya?" I give him a pat on the shoulder, the refined muscles forming his shoulders tensing under my touch. My smile widens. Oh, boy.

Making a beeline to where the rest of my friends were, just in time for Kade to finish in third place. Undeniably, the way things ended with Theo got me slightly upset just because I expected a better outcome.

The thought of Theo siding with someone like Elle — who obviously didn't deserve any sympathy — fueled me. Obviously, I couldn't let that ruin the rest of my night and as soon as I heard what was at stake, I didn't let the opportunity go.

Jairo, who put all his trust in someone he hadn't known for an hour, made me promise to not wreck his car or else I'll be held responsible.

"Damn, baby! You see that? I was so close," Kade hops out of the car, defeated.

Skye frowns and looks at her boyfriend as if to say 'I told you so'. It is only a thought. Skye is well aware of her boyfriend's sensitivity better than anyone, as well as his ability to hurl words at people solely through the power of thought.  Skye is fortunate in that they are both of each other. From what I've seen so far during my stay, the couple isn't one for letting outside opinions dictate the way their relationship sails. Even when people say "she definitely wears the pants in the relationship", he proudly responds with "Gladly".

Truly, if there was an exemplification of what a power couple is, it would both be Kade Medina and Skye Hue. I shan't be surprised if these high school sweethearts spend the rest of their lives together even when everyone around them goes on their own paths, they will stand tall and bring everyone together with their love. The topic doesn't concern me in any way. It's enough to see two people fall in love and end up on opposing paths. Seeing it all over again would ultimately cause me to lose hope.