Scene 4: Those Heels!

Characters: Nadir Khan, Erik Destler, Christine Daae

Setting: Erik's Mansion

Christine: Well on a less creepy note, how much do you know about me?

Erik: *sits back* Well, I have been watching you for the past six years and a half. So I would say I know a good deal.

Christine: You've been stalking me!?

Erik: *thinks for a moment and shrugs* I wouldn't call it stalking. Maybe, observing?

Christine: Alright if you know so much... you wouldn't mind me asking you a few questions.

Erik: *raises eyebrow* What kind of questions?

Christine: Just some personal questions about myself that you couldn't possibly know all by heart.

Erik: *smirks* Try me.

Christine: What's my favorite food on a Monday evening?

Erik: A nice four cheese ravioli, but not too much sauce to where it overpowers the dish. Just the way you like it.

Christine: Who's my best friend since I was a little girl?

Erik: Meg Giry. Blonde, short, annoying...

Christine: When is my birthday? *grins* See you answer that one s easily!

Erik: *smirks* January 29th 1996, Thursday morning, at exactly 2:29 with an exact five seconds to spare.

Christine: Ugh! How do you know all this stuff!?

Erik: *chuckles* Because I 'stalked' you.

Christine: Why did you stalk me exactly?

Erik: *sighs and thinks for a moment* I was bored and you were amusing, besides... I like you.

Christine: Wait slow your roll... you like me?

Erik: Yes, I like you.

Christine: As a friend or as a... you know...?

Erik: *smiles* We shall see.

Christine: *sighs* *goes to the closet to look for fresh clothes but sees many dresses* Umm what are these?

Erik: Dresses, I had them made for you.

Christine: They're really *pulls the ball gown out and puts it up to herself* Old fashioned but they have flair to them. This one might be the best.

Erik: I'm a very old-fashioned man, and I believe these dresses will flatter your figure.

Christine: Can I try it on?

Erik: *nods* *leaves the room for a moment*

Christine: *changes into it and puts on the matching heels* Wow... I feel like a royal.

Erik: *knocks on the door* May I come in?

Christine: Yes, I'm decent.

Erik: *opens door* *walks in* *gasps* You look lovely. Just like a queen.

Christine: *twirls around giddily like a child pretending to be a princess*

Erik: *laughs*

Christine: *smiles at him and continues until she trips on the heel and falls onto Erik's chest blushing* Oh... uhh.. umm...

Erik: *looks down at her and smirks* Trip did you?

Christine: I-I... no I just... uhh...

Erik: *chuckles* Are you unsteady enough on your feet you think I must carry you? *makes move to pick her up bridal style*

Christine: No no! I'm fine, see! *wobbles in the heels unsteadily*

Erik: *shakes head and scoops her up in his arms* No you're not. Now, I want to show you something but you have to promise to be good. But then again, you can't run very far in those heels.

Christine: Woah put me down! *squirms a little*

Erik: *holds tighter and walks out into the hallway* You're fine. I won't drop you.

Christine: Where are you taking me?

Erik: Just wait and see.

Christine: *sighs and looks around the hallway until something catches her eye* This hallway was laid out differently than before...

Erik: *grins* This house isn't quite like most. It changes every now and then. It takes a while to know it by heart, like I do.

Christine: It changes? What do you mean?

Erik: That is a little more than I care to explain right now. Just know that it changes.

Christine: Fine, can you at least give me a hint where we're headed?

Erik: *shakes head* Not one, my dear. Not one.

Christine: Well since there's nothing better to talk about and this nut house keeps changing... I'll take a cat nap. Wake me up when we get there. *curls up in his arms, using his chest as a pillow snuggling against it*

Erik: *chuckles* *says to self* I made it change so you could never escape. *says to her* Sleep well, angel...

Christine: *after a few minutes talks in her sleep* Oh no... please don't... I don't want a shave Mr. Todd... I'm a girl...

Erik: *looks at her weirdly, his brow furrowed in confusion*

Christine: No please not the oven, Mrs Lovett..!

Erik: *tries to shake her awake* Christine, what's wrong? Stop talking crazy!

Christine: *wakes up with a start* City on fire! Oh, it was just a dream... *Notices she's still being carried* Are we there yet?

Erik: *smiles* We're almost there.

Christine: Can you put me down now? I think I can walk the rest of the way.

Erik: *raises eyebrows but sets her down* If you're sure...

Christine: I'm positive! *walks shakily but doesn't trip* See, I'm getting the hang of it!

Erik: *smiles* Good, I understand heels take time to get used to.

Christine: I'm more of a sneakers or sandals kind of girl. You know what I mean?

Erik: *nods* Yes I do. Though you look lovely in heels.

Christine: I feel like a giant! I can almost measure up to your height with these on!

Erik: *laughs* True, and that is saying something.

Christine: So how many rooms does this house have, because I think we've past about five hundred.

Erik: *ponders* ninety-seven, I think...

Christine: Ninety-Seven! How can you know just what each door leads too?

Erik: *chuckles* Well, only about fifty are used. It takes practice and it helps that I built it.

Christine: *stops at a door* So what's this one? *points to it*

Erik: Another library. I have two or three here.

Christine: *grins* You're good.

Erik: *smiles at her*

Christine: So this surprise... is it a good one?

Erik: *stops before a door* Now, why would it be a bad one?

Christine: Knowing you it probably is... *glares at him*

Erik: I'm not that cruel.

Christine: *rolls eyes* Sure, sure... go ahead and open the door already.