Scene 3: And The Winner Is...

Characters: Christine Daae, Nadir Khan, Erik Destler

Setting: Erik's Mansion

Erik: *smirks* She is so naive. *drops through trap door in the floor and runs along several passages until arriving at front door trap door*

Christine: *looks behind her* Ha! He's not even trying! *turns around the corner and sees the front door* I'm going to make it!

Erik: *rises out of the floor directly in front of the door and leans against it with his arms crossed* Not bad. I do have a few words of advice for you though.

Christine: And what would that be? *grits her teeth*

Erik: Don't try to outrun someone who you've just met in a house which you haven't ever seen before. I am a master of trapdoors and secret passages. *smirks* Now, I believe you owe me a kiss...

Christine: *groans and steps closer to him*

Erik: *smiles and steps closer to her* *grips her wrist so she won't run* *gives her a light kiss on the lips*

Christine: *pulls away but can't step back because of his grip*

Erik: *expressionlessly says* Now, that wasn't hell, was it?

Christine: No actually...

Erik: *nods* Good. Then shall we look at the library is about a five minute walk down that hall. *points towards hall*

Christine: Okay. *starts to walk down the hallway by herself*

Erik: *catches up with her and takes gentle hold of her wrist* As much fun as I have racing you, I don't want to do it again today.

Christine: I just want t walk BY MYSELF! Is that too much to ask!?

Erik: It is when I don't trust you. In a few days or weeks perhaps.

Christine: Weeks? I'm not staying here that long!

Erik: My dear, you may stay for years. This... *waves around him* is your new home.

Christine: No. It's. NOT! *Kicks him in the 'boy area' and runs off out of his gentle grip*

Erik: *grits teeth and hisses in pain* You'll regret that! *insanity takes over as he chases her*

Christine: Got to hide somewhere... *as she keeps running she sees an open door and instantly steps through, shutting it closed behind her* *Hides in the closet and tries to keep her breathing down*

Erik: *watches her run into closet and goes through passage and trapdoor until he is behind her* *clamping one hand over her mouth* Where do you think you're going?

Christine: *her screams are muffled through his gloved hand*

Erik: *growls in her ear* That hurt. Now you shall go to your room and stay there.

Christine: *shakes head furiously and screams "no, no, no!" into his hand*

Erik: *easily moves through tunnels dragging her* Don't disobey me again. *drops her on the bed in her room*

Christine: Oh I will! *snatches his mask* That's for kidnapping me!

Erik: *grabs mask back and in his anger, raises hand to strike her* Don't push me any further!

Christine: *gasps and cowers back in fear*

Erik: *lowers hand as he cools off* You will stay here the rest of the day. *leaves through door, locking it behind him* *stomps down the hall running into Nadir*

Nadir: Pardon me sir. *says shakily*

Erik: *growls* What do you want?

Nadir: You seem tense...

Erik: Oh, big surprise there!

Nadir: What happened?

Erik: *hisses* She knows how to run and kick.

Nadir: May I speak freely sir?

Erik: *frowns and sighs* Go ahead.

Nadir: Perhaps you should show her the ballroom. She does enjoy dancing and it might help you get closer.

Erik: *nods* Good idea. I might use it. Maybe she won't try to kick me while I take her there or while there.

Nadir: And I finished that dress you wanted me to make her and it's all hung up in her closet with the others. That would be a wonderful ball gown.

Erik: Good. I'm sure it will as long as you made it exactly as I said.

Nadir: Down to the very last detail, Erik. I-I mean master... *quickly covers up his mistake*

Erik: *eyes narrow* Good. *lets mistake slide but is obviously displeased*

Nadir: Sir one more thing...

Erik: *glares* What?

Nadir: You're not gonna hurt the girl are you?

Erik: *smiles* Why would I hurt her? As long as she obeys me she is safe here.

Nadir: I was just worried for the beautiful lady... *gasps at what he just said, wishing he could take it back*

Erik: *snarls* You need to learn to control that tongue of yours. It might get you in trouble.

Nadir: I meant nothing of it sir, I apologize. *bows and walks off*

Erik: *scowls and watches him walk away*

Christine: Someone please let me out...

Erik: *looks back at door* You haven't stayed in there long enough.

Christine: Please... I'll be good...I swear. *begs* I just don't want to be alone in here.

Erik: *walks to the door and leans against it* If you want company, I'm all you get.

Christine: It's better than no one... *sniffles*

Erik: *opens door and walks in* *smiles slightly* Well, I'm glad I'm not no one.

Christine: Look I'm sorry... I should't have done that to you. That must have really hurt.

Erik: *glares* Well, you may not consider me completely human but that did sting. *smiles faintly* All is forgiven.

Christine: So I think I've learned some things about you Erik. *looks at him sneakily*

Erik: *raises eyebrows* Please! Tell me about myself.

Christine: You have a great temper definitely and that you're a bit bipolar. Am I in any way correct?

Erik: *smirks* *sits down in the chair after locking the door* Right on both accounts.

Christine: You like to mess with me... *rolls eyes* a lot.

Erik: *thinks for a moment* Sometimes. As long as I don't sustain injuries.

Christine: And I finally figured out why you kidnapped me.

Erik: *gives her a strange look* Why, pray tell me?

Christine: Because you want me as a pet that you can toy with!

Erik: *sighs and shakes head* I don't toy with anything unless I am playing cat and mouse. The mouse always dies, you know.

Christine: So I'm a mouse? *looks at him worried*

Erik: *shakes head* In this game, there is no mouse. It is simply a bargain. You live here ad sing for me and obey me, and you shall live very happily. I can be kind.

Christine: And what if I refuse this bargain?

Erik: *smirks* I never said you had a choice. My dear, you are here. At least try to be happy.