Scene 1: Dinner Fiasco

Charcters: Christine Daae, Erik Destler, Nadir Khan

Setting: Erik's Mansion

Christine: *knocks on the door checking her dress* I should have been more formal...

Nadir: *opens door* Yes, how may I help you?

Christine: *looks up from dress* I-I was invited here by someone. *holds out invite to Nadir*

Nadir: *examines invite* Very well. Come in. I shall return in a moment, miss.

Christine: Thank you *walks inside and gazes around in awe of the home* It's absolutely grand...

Nadir: *smiles* *goes to tell the master of his guest* *returns* If you will follow me...

Christine: *follows Nadir intently*

Nadir: *leads Christine to the dining room where the master is waiting* Sir, your guest. *bows and departs*

Erik: *stands from the seat at the head of the table* Good evening, Christine. Won't you sit down?

Christine: *sits at the other end of the table* Good evening, Monsieur.

Erik: *smiles* I'm glad you were able to come.

C: Work has been quite slow the last few days. So I have been free. *smiles sadly*

Erik: *nods understandingly* I see. Have you enjoyed your freedom?

Christine: I've had more time to work on my real passion for singing. *a grin appears on her face* It always helps me relax in the worst times.

Erik: *smiles at the mention of music* Yes, it is certainly good for that.

Christine: Do you enjoy singing as well? *drinks some wine in front of her*

Erik: *nods* Yes, I do.

Christine: Well on a different note, I'm very confused as to why I'm here Monsieur. It seems to me all you wanted was a chat. *chuckles*

Erik: *laughs* No, my servant should be bringing dinner soon. Whatever would you like to eat this evening?

Christine: I do enjoy Italian cuisine very much sir.

Erik: *smiles and stands* Good. My cook is one of the best. *calls servant and dinner in brought in*

Christine: *looks at the food with greedy eyes but contains herself and slowly begins to eat* It's very good.

Erik: *smiles and starts to eat* I'm glad you like it.

Christine: *finishes her plate in no time* Well this has been fun but you can take off the disguise now, Raoul. It doesn't fool me.

Erik: *frowns* Raoul? Why do you think I am he?

Christine: *stands up and walks toward Erik smiling*

Erik: *frowns* What are you doing?

Christine: Come of it Raoul! I know it's you under that mask of yours! I'm not an idiot.

Erik: *stands up* What if I told you it wasn't Raoul under this mask?

Christine: *rolls her eyes* I don't believe you... come on the game's over. *rips off his mask playfully* *stares at him with terror in her eyes*

Erik: *growls and roars out* See! Damn you! Why didn't you believe me!?

Christine: *stumbles backward causing a wine glass to fall off the table and shatter on the floor* I-I must get going...!

Erik: *reaches forward and grabs Christine's wrist* You're not going anywhere!

Christine: L-let go of me! *struggles against grip*

Erik: *holds tighter* *gone completely insane* No.

Christine: What do you want? I'll give you money or maybe some jewelry! *desperate*

Erik: *growls* You.

Christine: Please Monsieur I don't want to die! *cries*

Erik: *faintly loosens grip so she won't break something* You won't. You will sing.

Christine: S-sing? I don't understand... *looks at him with tears in her eyes*

Erik: *Moves to wipe the tears* I want your voice. I need your voice. You won't be harmed. *bends down to get the his mask and pulls it back on*

Christine: *swipes hand away from his while he is distracted* You won't have my voice! Not as long as I live! *runs to the front door but in the process runs into Nadir* Please Monsieur, help me escape! *pleads to Nadir*

Erik: *runs up and grabs her again* Get. Out. Nadir.

Nadir: *runs away in fear for his life*

Christine: Help me! Someone please help me!

Erik: *growls* There is no one within miles.

Christine: Please let go. I'm only 18 and far too young to be killed... Have mercy on me... I'm sorry... *through tears*

Erik: *grabs shoulders gently and says almost softly* You won't be killed. You'll live like a queen. *narrows eyes* Just don't ever touch the mask again.

Christine: But I don't want to live like a queen... *Gulps* I want to go home... back to Raoul...

Erik: *grip tightens* You never will go back to that fop.

Christine: *cringes at his grip and hangs her head in defeat* I-I give up... *her struggling ceases and she looks down to the floor*

Erik: *nods gently* Allow me to show you to your room.

Christine: Yes sir... *mumbles*

Erik: *leads her up to a perfect room* Here you are. We shall fetch your things later.

Christine: *Looks around in awe of it but tries not to let him see that she impressed* My things?

Erik: *notices her awe but chooses not to mention it* Yes, from your place of residence. Surely you would want them?

Christine: How long am I going to be here for? *shakily sits down on the bed*

Erik: *stands in doorway* Until, you never want to leave.

Christine: And what makes you think that someday I'll want to stay here? *snaps at him*

Erik: *raises eyebrows* You will. I know will, one day.

Christine: *hisses* You're insane! What's the real reason you want me here!?

Erik: *smirks* I have told you. I want you to sing for me.

Christine: *screeches a high note* There I sang, now let me leave!

Erik: *shakes head* I'm sorry my dear, but that is not near enough. *moves to leave*

Christine: Wait!

Erik: *looks at her* Yes?

Christine: What... what's you name?

Erik: *smiles slightly* Erik.

Christine: I-I always get nightmares whenever I sleep somewhere new... so would you mind if...

Erik: Would I mind what?

Christine: Staying... to help me sleep?

Erik: *locks door behind him as he moves into the room* If you wish.

Christine: *sighs as she hears this song and smiles unknowingly* Pretty music... *whispers childlike* *drifts to sleep and cuddles up against Erik's chest in a daze*

Erik: *finishes singing and then lighter down in bed* Sleep well, Christine. *leaves after shocking door behind him*

Hey readers! I'm so excited to be writing this script!! I give total half credit to sarahlet2999! She was so helpful in the writing process of this and her books are amazing! Be sure to check her out! Also, be sure to look at my other phanfiction/ labyrinth fan fiction called "Forever Mine". I'll update quite often so keep checking up! Best Wishes!