New Story!

"Have you ever wished upon a star?"

"Yes."

"And what did you wish for?"

"I wished that you would love me the way I love you."

~~~~

Ja'lia and Lo'ak have been best friends since birth. They are two peas in a pod, partners in crime, if you will, and when they did the crime, they mostly did the time. Except for when Ja'lia would convince Lo'ak to sneak out to see the stars at night or when Lo'ak would convince Ja'lia to leave to explore areas of the forest they were never supposed to go to.

The two did everything together. Where Lo'ak went, Ja'lia followed, and where Ja'lia went, Lo'ak followed. It was like the push and pull of waves the ocean. Lo'ak was day. Ja'lia was night. He was hot. She was cold.

It drove their parents so insane that they tried to force some separation between the two, only for it to comeback and bite them because the two decided to run away. This happened when Ja'lia and Lo'ak were seven years old, by the way.

However, when the RDA returned, tradegy struck, and Ja'lia was never the same. Yes, she still smiled. And yes, she still was attached to Lo'ak's hip, but there was always a look in her eye that told everyone she was never fully present.

When the RDA return, Ja'lia's hit with a decision she never thought she would have to make. Leave the only home she's ever known, or say goodbye to her best friend and pray she sees him again one day.

Little bit of a sneak peak! What do y'all think?