Chapter 29: Battle Ground pt. 1

Trigger Warning: Blood, graphic descriptions of Death, war. Read at your own risk. You've been warned.

Italicize - someone's thoughts or a story from the past

Bold - sign language 

The Metkayina people and the Omatikaya people raced out to Three Brother's Rocks to help rescue the children that had been taken. When they got closer to the foreign ship, Jake ordered them to stop where they were.

Marali couldn't help but release a snarl when she looked through the binoculars her father had gifted her for her birthday one year. Lo'ak, Tuk, and Tsireya were cuffed on the ship, but Neteyam and the others were nowhere to be found.

She could only hope that the rest of them were somewhere safe while she focused her attention on trying to save the other kids on the boat. "They have Lo'ak, Tuk, and Tsireya." Marali informed Neytiri. Neytiri let out a dangerous growl as she glared at the ship.

Marali was flying beside Neytiri as she watched Jake listen to the voice coming through his device. The girl couldn't hear what was being said, but she knew it must have been bad. After all, nothing good ever came from the conversations between Quartich and Jake.

The atmosphere was tense, almost as if it was waiting in anticipation of the war that was bound to happen at any moment. The air was heavy with a mix of anxiety and resolve, each warrior acutely aware of the weight of the impending war. Marali could feel the crackling electricity all around her, as it only added fire to her growing rage.

Neytiri and Marali watched as Jake suddenly went ahead of the rest of the group.

"Ma Jake, what's happening?" Neytiri said, but she didn't receive a response.

At that moment, the air seemed to crackle with a potent blend of fear and bravery, anticipation and trepidation.

Instead of telling Neytiri what he was doing, he continued to move forward towards to enemy. "What the hell is he doing?" Marali asked, looking at Neytiri. The mother couldn't answer as she watched her husband leave to sacrifice himself for their children.

The girl brought up her binoculars to get a closer look at Jake before she looked back at Lo'ak. Her muscles grew tense, and she hissed when she saw Quartich bring his gun up to Lo'ak's head, threatening to shoot.

"I'll fucking kill him." She seethed under her breath.

"Marali, what do you see?" Neytiri asked, frightened. She looked at the mother and took a deep breath before speaking, "Quartich is using Lo'ak to draw Jake out."

Neytiri opened her mouth to respond, but she was interrupted.

Suddenly, an animal broke through the surface of the water. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion as the warriors watched Payakan rip through the water as he attacked the ship that took their children hostage. Marali felt her heart leap for joy as she saw Payakan destroy the Sky People's technology.

"Payakan!" She yelled as she watched the majestic animal protect her friend.

Everyone let out a war cry as they charged towards the ship, fighting for themselves, their home, and their family. It seemed that Payakan's courage gave them the ability to find their own as they raced to the enemy, diving into the water when necessary to evade bullets.

Warriors everywhere targeted the Sky People, mercilessly killing them as they ruthlessly threw their spears, piercing the humans through the heart.

Ronal had a devilish, protective look in her eye that only grew more with each kill she completed.