"Where are you taking us?" She wonders, irritation still evident in her voice. "Where do you think?" I try to leave it vague, playing with her a bit. "Hell, for sure." I chuckle at her response, "Iré allí por ti, mi sol."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

"Stop using a language I don't understand." I bite my lip to stop my grin from growing too wide. "A usual restaurant I usually visit when I'm here," I answer her previous question. "Cool, the lion's den," she mutters, I raise my eyebrow at her, "I'm a lion?"

"Yes, a big pussy."

This woman...

"You couldn't even choose a good plan for a date with me. A dinner? You can't be serious?"

"That is not my first date with you."

"Yeah, because I was obliged to come."

"Beca─ That is a reason, too. But also because the meaning of a first date is far away from what we're doing today." I focus on driving, the faint music from the radio playing in the background.

"What's the meaning then?"

"A first date is an idyllic moment of serendipity two people, who like each other, share. You don't even stand me for reasons I surely don't know."

"You surely know, you're just avoiding them."

"What are they, then? Tell me."

My question stays there with no answer since we've reached our destination. I'll see if I can have the answer later. The restaurant concierges come and open the car doors. I hand one of them the keys to the car, thanking him. I join Eleanor on her side, putting my hand on the small of her back to guide her to the entrance of the restaurant. "Space, Alvarez," she warns me, hurrying away from my touch, I remove my hand but stay vigilant.

The hostess escorts us to our table, hands us the menus then leaves us to peruse them for a few minutes and decide what to order. After a few moments, I break the silence, "What would you like to order?" She holds up her eyebrow, her eyes still focused on the menu, "I thought this was a forced date that I have no opinion in." The corner of my lips raises in amusement, "Though it's required, you still have the freedom to do what you want, including choosing your own meal."

"Doesn't it include also shopping your dick with this knife?"

"Mr. Alvarez !" I was about to laugh when a familiar voice speaks, a very thick Italian accent I know very well. "Mr. Orlando, a pleasure to see you." Alexandro Orlando, the owner of this restaurant, is a very good friend of mine. "Long time no see, good to see you again," he smiles brightly, "But I can see you're not alone as always."

Eleanor can't see his left eye that winks to me before he turns to face her with a huge smile and his hand to salute. "Miss?" He asks, "Eleanor Lopez. An honor to meet you, Mr. Orlando," she replies, extending her hand for a handshake. Though, Orlando surprises her by taking her hand and kissing its knuckles, "The pleasure is all mine, Miss Lopez." "I wouldn't love to interrupt your night much longer. I've heard Mr. Alvarez is here and came to greet him. Here, Mr. Dante, my very talented chef," he nods at the man standing behind me, "will take care good care of you tonight." The chef in his white uniform bows politely, "I'll be happy with preparing your meal for the night." I can't but feel grateful that they eased the tension with their warm hospitality.

"That way, can I have Mr. Alvarez's head grilled with mushroom sauce and sautéed vegetables, please?" She seems serious as she places her order with a light smile. The two men are surprised by her brave. Mr. Orlando laughs before turning to me,"Molto intimidatorio e selvaggio come hai detto tu." I chuckle. "Così tanto".