"My country lies beyond," Aslan clarified.

Caspian stared thoughtfully at the wave. "Is my father in your country?"

"You can only find that out for yourself, my son. But you should know that if you continue, there is no return."

Caspian walked closer to the waves and held his hand out, feeling the water run through. He turned back to us with teary eyes.

"You're not going?" Edmund asked.

Caspian shook his head. "I can't imagine my father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for. I've spent too long wanting what was taken from me and not what was given. I was given a kingdom. People... I promise to be a better king."

Aslan smiled. "You already are."

Reepicheep cleared his throat and scampered forward. He took off his feathered ring and bowed. "Your Eminence, ever since I can remember, I have dreamt of seeing your country. I've had many great adventures in this world, but nothing has dampened that yearning. I know I am hardly worthy, but with your permission, I would lay down my sword for the joy of seeing your country with my own eyes."

Aslan looked down at the mouse. "My country was made for noble hearts such as yours, no matter how small their bearers may be."

"Your Majesty," Reepicheep answered, bowing.

"No one could be more deserving," Caspian and Marion told him.

Reepicheep shifted nervously. "Well, I-"

"It's true," Edmund agreed.

Reepicheep bowed openly before turning to Marion. "It was an honour to see you again, Tenderhearted Queen. I shall miss you tremendously."

Marion smiled, kneeling down to the mouse. "I have also enjoyed your company. I shall miss you, my small, noble friend. Take care."

He turned to Lucy. She knelt before him and asked, "May I?"

"Well, I suppose. Just this-" He was cut off by Lucy picking him up. She hugged him tightly and he hugged her back. "Goodbye, Lucy."

He moved to Eustace who knelt before the mouse. "Don't cry," Reepicheep told him.

Eustace sniffled. "I don't understand. Will I ever see you again? Ever?"

Reepicheep smiled softly. "What a magnificent puzzle you are, and a true hero. It has been my honour to fight beside such a brave warrior and a great friend." Eustace sniffled again and bowed his head. Reepicheep bowed back.

He scampered back towards Caspian and bowed deeply. "My liege, it has truly been an honour to serve such a great king, a great friend."

Caspian placed a hand over his heart. "Thank you for everything, my friend. And the honour was all mine."

Reepicheep bowed before us all once more and made his way to a tiny boat. He dug his sword into the sand. "I won't be needing this." He paddled into the wave and glanced back at the royals before disappearing on the opposite side of the wave.

Eustace had tears streaming down his face.

Lucy turned to Aslan. "This is our last time here, isn't it?"

"Yes," Aslan replied, walking closer. "You have grown up, my dear one. Just like Peter and Susan."

"Will you visit us in our world?" she questioned, brushing the lion's cheek.

"I shall be watching you always," he answered as Lucy tucked her hair back.

"How?"

"In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason that you were brought to Narnia. That by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

"Will we meet again?"

"Yes, dear. One day."

Lucy stepped back, tears in her eyes.

The Great Lion let out a roar and a portal formed in the water.

The Pevensies and Eustace stepped closer.

"You're the closest thing I have to family," Caspian said, turning to the new Friend of Narnia and placed a hand on his shoulder. "And that includes you, Eustace."

Eustace smiled and placed a hand on Caspian's arm. "Thank you."

Caspian and Edmund shared a hug. Then Caspian and Lucy hugged.

Marion turned to Aslan. "Might I be able to go into their world?"

Aslan considered her question and nodded. "It won't be easy, child."

"I know, but I'll have people I care for in that world. Goodbye, Caspian."

Caspian smiled. "Goodbye, Marion."

The Valiant Queen rushed to hug Aslan and he relished in her hug. The Tenderhearted Queen walked up to the Great Lion and hugged him as well.

Edmund, Marion and Lucy stepped closer to the portal.

Eustace gave a small nod to Aslan before asking, "Will I come back?"

"Narnia may yet have need of you," Aslan replied, walking closer to Caspian.

Eustace nodded again and turned away, walking towards the others.

The children walked into the portal and turned, gazing at Caspian and Aslan one final time.

The portal closed around them.

They swam up and saw they were back in Eustace's room.

The water dissipated and their clothes were dry.

"Eustace!" Alberta called. "Eustace! What are you doing up there? Jill Pole has dropped in for a visit."

Lucy, Edmund, Marion and Eustace shared a look and watched the water recede into the picture frame.

Marion looked around with a light smile.

Eustace voiced, "We spoke often of Narnia in the days that followed. And when my cousins and Marion left, after the war ended, I missed them with all my heart, as I know all Narnians will miss them til the end of time."

Eustace stood and picked up the picture of the Dawn Treader and set it back on the wall as Edmund, Marion and Lucy shared a look and stood.

Lucy and Marion stared at the picture as the Dawn Treader sailed into the horizon. Eustace walked past as the girls stared at the painting. He closed the door behind the four of them once they were all in the hall.