HTTYD 3: PT 3

"Someone's here." Hiccup says as he places a dart on a barrel as everyone is gathered around.

"Huh?" Gobber asks.

"He managed to slip past our scouts and lay a trap in the woods." Hiccup says.

"It ruined boy talk!" Tuffnut shouts annoyedly before throwing the dart as it hits a wooden box Eret is carrying.

"Let me at 'em!" Gobber says angrily.

"Slow down Gobber. Let's get a search team on the ground. Scouts in the air. Toothless and I will fly the coastline." Hiccup says as Eret and Alexis examine the dart.

"Yeah. I wouldn't advise taking Toothless anywhere Chief. I know this handy work. Grimmel the Grisly. Famous back where I'm from. The smartest dragon hunter I ever met. Well next to me of course." Eret says as Alexis lifts the dart up and sniffs it.

"I recognize the scent too. It's the same scent that was on the rope Dulce was wrapped up in when I first found her." Alexis says.

"Well he can't be that smart. He left his trap unmanned." Hiccup says.

"Haha. Nothing's accidental when it comes to old Grimmel. He lives for the hunt, to get inside the mind of his prey, to control its every choice. It's all a game to him." Eret says as Astrid examines the dart.

"Well he doesn't know who he's playing with." Astrid says angrily.

"If he thinks he'll hurt or take one of our dragons without a fight he has another thing coming." Alexis says determinedly.

"Yeah. We've dealt with his kind before." Hiccup says.

"Don't underestimate him Hiccup. Mark my words he'll be back." Eret says as Hiccup looks at him.

"Then we'll be waiting for him." Hiccup says.

*Timeskip*

Later the group then waits under the covers in Hiccup's house as they later hear Hiccup talking to Grimmel as Grimmel thinks it is Toothless under the covers.

"Now!" Hiccup shouts as everyone comes out of their hiding spot.

"Sorry to barge in!" Gobber shouts.

"You think you can come into my home, sit in my father's chair, and threaten my dragon?! This is Berk and we have defended our way of life from far worse than you!" Hiccup says angrily.

"Oh. Haha. A fighting spirit. I love it! Only I'm afraid you're mistaken. You've never seen anything like me!" Grimmel says as the group hear a scream and see a dragon about to attack Astrid.

"Astrid look out!" Hiccup shouts as Alexis shifts to wolf form and quickly pulls Astrid away from the dragon only for Grimmel to whistle causing the dragons to attack the group.

"Look out! Son get clear!" Valka shouts as the group try to avoid attacks from the dragons.

"Run!" Gobber shouts as everyone runs but Hiccup and his mother before they too later come out as Hiccup's house and majority of Berk in flames.

*Timeskip*

"Alright! Alright everybody! Settle down please! Fishlegs have you ever seen that species of dragon before?" Hiccup asks as Fishlegs nods before falling out of his chair as everyone is in the great hall later that night.