Chapter 2

"It's Raceday!" Chase yelled.

"Ugh. What time is it?" I moaned.

"Time for you to get up."

"No seriously."

"It's six o'clock."

"It's the first day of summer though."

"Well qualifying starts at ten."

"But that's four hours from now."

"We have an autograph session at nine."

"Three hours."

"Just get up."

"Fine." I got myself off the couch and put my hair in a really unattractive messy bun. I walked back to my RV and took a quick shower. I put on some cutoff jean shorts, a Napa Racing t-shirt and my cowboy boots. I then put on some very quick makeup and grabbed by pass and sunglasses and met Chase outside.

We walked over to the pre-qualifying inspection line to talk to Chase's crew chief, Ernie Cope.

"How's inspection going Ernie?" Chase asked.

"Well we're passing so I'd say good." Ernie said with a slight chuckle.

We signed a few autographs and took pictures with a couple of fans. Then we went to the scheduled autograph session at the nearest Napa Auto Parts store.

When we got done with autographs, qualifying was starting in 20 minutes. We went back to the track, Chase changed into his firesuit and we headed out to pit road. I gave Chase a good luck hug and went and wished Austin, Ty, Erik, Ryan and Darrell good luck also.

I came back and sat in the 9 pit box. The whole qualifying session went by without a caution. Chase would start the race 10th.

We both did our post qualifying interviews and went to the hauler to watch final cup practice. Once practice was finished Chase went to driver intros and I stood close to the intro stage to sign autographs and talk to the drivers.

Driver introductions completed and I stood next to Chase for the invocation and National Anthem. I gave him a hug and walked to the pit box.

By lap 50 we had seen one caution for a spin by Mike Bliss. Chase was 8th. By lap 75 there were reports of debris but never a caution. We got a debris caution at lap 105. Chase was 6th and came down pit road for four tires, fuel and a slight air pressure adjustment. He restarted 5th. With 15 to go Joey Logano was leading. Chase had fallen back to 7th. When the checkered flag flew and Logano won and Chase finished 6th. Ryan had blown an engine with 40 to go. Darrell finished 4th. Erik was 7th. Ty was 5th and Austin was 10th.

The race got over at roughly 4 o'clock so the guys and I decided to go out for dinner. We picked up my cousin Charlee at the airport and went back to my RV. The boys played NASCAR '15 and Charlee and I did each other's nails.

At 10 we all figured it was getting pretty late. We told the boys goodnight and we slipped into our pj's and got rest for the next day.