chapter seventeen - jus drein jus daun

It didn't take long for Pike's men to bind our hands and put gags around our heads. Now Bellamy leads us through the woods. I have no clue where we are going, but its definitely not in the direction of the cave. 

"We're getting close to the blockade line." Pike tells Bellamy. 

"That's why Kane picked it. He knew you wouldn't risk searching this far." Bellamy tries to explain. Pike doesn't seem satisfied by his answer. 

The ground and surrounding vegetation are still damp from recent rain. Water droplets fall off of leaves and land right on my face. One drips down my forehead, but when I move to wipe it away a guard smacks my hands down. 

"Hey!" Bellamy snaps. Pike eyes the guard that hit me. "What's going to happen to Kallie and my sister?" Bellamy asks the Chancellor. Pike glances between me and Octavia. 

"I'll do the same thing I did for Monty's mother. They will be pardoned, but they can not act up. If anything else happens..."

"I'll make sure it doesn't." Bellamy nods. He looks back at Octavia. "My sister, my responsibility." Then his gaze turns toward me. His eyes soften. I can see the hint of a smile on his lips. I narrow my eyes. He better be careful and play this safe. He gets the hint and turns back around.

"How much farther?" One of Pike's guards asks. Bellamy stops for a moment. We stand at the top of a steep hill. In front of us, the slope goes down for another 20 yards before leveling out. Pike and his men are clueless but I know where we are. The blockade should be at the bottom of this hill. 

"The cave is just on the other side of this embankment." Bellamy assures the man. He then leads everyone down the slope. I hesitantly follow, with a guard urging me on. He pokes his gun into my back, right between my shoulder blades. I would give anything to be able to just- 

A horn sounds. We've crossed the blockade line. 

Pike's men begin to freak out. They swing their guns around, pointing them into the tops of the trees.

"Anyone got eyes?" Pike cries out.

"Nothing!" The guard behind me replies.

"Go back to higher ground!" Pike orders. I look at Octavia, but she's already looking at me. We are thinking the same thing. Are we going to put up a fight?

"Drop your weapon!" A voice shouts. It takes me a second to realize its Bellamy. He has his gun drawn and pointed at Pike. That's the only signal I need. I spin around and face the guard behind me. I grab his gun and twist it out of his grip, throwing it to the side. Then even with my tied up hands, I manage to get a few hits in. 

"We bring you Chancellor Pike of the Sky people!" Bellamy cries out. "Kal! Translate!" I hesitate for a moment, but Bellamy nods. I pull the gag out of my mouth.

"We bring you Chancellor Pike of Skaikru!" I shout to the surrounding trees. Pike begins to freak out. 

"You've killed us all." I hear him hiss to Bellamy. 

"Take him. Lift this blockade." Bellamy's voice booms.

"Take him. Lift this blockade." I translate again. Arrows suddenly rain down from the sky. They only land in the chests and backs of Pike's guards. Trikru warriors rush in at us from all sides. They come from seemingly nowhere. Some jump down from the trees. I should have spotted them. I'm out of practice. The warriors surround us. There are at least a hundred bows aimed at us. Suddenly I hear Octavia cry out. I spin and see her lunging toward Pike with her knife. I don't try to interfere but Kane stops her. He scolds her in a hushed whisper. Pike must have heard what he said though. Because then he turns and tries to attack Bellamy. I jump in front of Bellamy right when an arrow flies past us and into Pike's shoulder. He cries out and falls to the ground. I reach behind me and grab Bellamy's arm. He's safe. A Trikru warrior comes and kicks Pike even more, knocking him out. A few others come and pick the man up. I watch in silence, knowing what fate Pike will meet. 

"Where are you taking him?" Kane asks. 

"To the new commander." 

"May I join you?" Kane asks. Before the man can answer I jump forward. 

"I'm coming as well." I demand. I need to see for myself that Lexa is gone. I still don't believe it. The warrior does a double take when he looks at me. 

"I would advise you not to join us. To honor Lexa, I will pretend I did not see your face. But the next time I see you, I will have to bring you to the new commander as well. Dead or alive." The man growls. Then he turns to Kane."Don't slow us down." Then the man walks off, Pike in tow behind him. 

"Are you sure?" Monty asks Kane. Now everyone is cautious. 

"Yes, go home and tell the others what's happened. And tell Abby that I'll look out for Clarke." Kane says, turning to follow after the blockade warriors. Then everything clicks. Lexa's death. The new commander. This random Trikru warrior knowing there's a bounty on my head. There's only one person who could be behind all of this. I instinctively begin to follow Kane. I need to stop him. Before I can get very far, an arm wraps around my waist, stopping me. I fight against it for a moment. 

"I need to stop him. Its Kai! Bellamy its Kai. He killed Lexa." I cry. Tears cloud my vision. Arms wrap around me. Bellamy whispers calming words into my ears. I push myself out of his embrace. I'm embarrassing myself. I shouldn't be acting like this. I try to catch my breath, but I can't. "This is all my fault." I gasp.

"No. No, no. Kallie listen to me. You've always done whatever you could. None of this is your fault. Pike's gone, it's over. We need to go home." Bellamy insists. I glare up at the boy. Has he forgotten the past few weeks? The torture I endured at Arkadia?

"I'm not going back there. That is not my home." I growl. Suddenly my panic is gone. It's been replaced with anger. Rage. He's right. This isn't my fault. It's his. And it's Kai's. I slowly walk away from Bellamy and towards the rest of the group. I've let myself get so caught up in Skaikru's problems I've forgotten about my own. 

Suddenly, one of Pike's guards sits up gasping for air. Octavia darts to her bag. But I'm quicker than her. I spot a stray arrow on the ground and pick it up. I quickly lunge toward the gasping guard. It's the man that kept jabbing his gun into my back. I bury the arrow into his throat. He dies in an instant. The sky kids stare at me in horror. All besides Octavia. She gives me a small nod approval. 

Blood must have blood.