Part 4 - Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

----------------------------------------

"Hey, are you guys free to go to a party tonight?" I ask Senju and Hina as I sit down at their table for lunch.

"A party? Where?" Hina asks midbite.

I hesitate a little. I know they won't like the answer. 

"It's um... It's at the Haitani's, I think."

Senju raises a brow as she watches me over the table. "And you want to go?"

I nod. "Rindou invited me."

That might not be the reason why I have to go to the party tonight. But it's definitely the reason why I want to.

I catch the dubious look Hina and Senju exchange and for some reason, I feel the need to defend Rindou a little bit. 

"What? He's really nice."

Hina looks back at me. She seems both surprised and confused.

"I think it's the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to Rindou Haitani as nice," she remarks and Senju nods next to her.

"He actually is," I insist. "Plus, he's one of the only guys who chose not to participate in Izana's bet, remember?"

"Not taking part in the bet doesn't make him a good person. It just makes him somewhat of a decent human being," Senju counters.

She's right, of course, but she didn't see the way Rindou acts when he's just with me.

I sigh, disappointed. "So it's a no for tonight?"

"Even if I wanted to go, I have something planned with my brothers," Senju replies and Hina shoots me an apologetic smile as she declines the invitation too. "Same. I have something planned with my family."

I guess I'll have to go on my own.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Haitanis live in an apartment in Roppongi. Izana texted me the address earlier. On my way to the party, I get a text from Mitsuya.

10:05 pm – Mitsuya – What are you doing tonight?

I can't tell him I'm going to the Haitani's party, because then, I'd have to tell him all about Izana and the cheating, and something tells me he wouldn't like it. So I lie.

10:06 pm – Me – Nothing much

                 You?

Ugh. I hate lying to my best friend.

10:07 pm – Mitsuya - I'm watching a movie with Luna and Mana

Wanna come?

I do want to go, but unfortunately, I have to at least drop by the party to honor my deal with Izana.

10:08 pm – Me - I'm too tired

               But say hi to Luna and Mana for me

The next minute, Mitsuya sends me a picture of him with his two sisters. Luna is tying Mitsuya's hair, her tongue peeking out in concentration, while Mana is applying makeup to her brother's face. As for Mitsuya, he's flashing a warm grin at the camera.

Cute.

As I approach the Haitani's apartment a few minutes later, the noise of the party is seeping through the walls. I open the door and let myself in, looking around. There's a kitchen to my left. A sea of alcohol bottles and glasses adorns the kitchen island. The living room is to my right. A group of people are playing a game of beer pong on a table while others are sitting on the couches, talking to each other.