Chapter 5

"Are you feeling a little bit better already?" Hina asked me as we walked towards the school exit together after class.

I shook my head. "Nope."

I really didn't, but at least I had managed to avoid Mikey all day.

"Shit."

Suddenly, Hina jerked to a halt. She grabbed my arm pull me to the side before we could walk out of the school building.

"What ?" I asked her.

"Mikey's waiting outside." She explained. "Do you want to talk to him?"

"No." I instantly replied.

"Then go use the other exit, I'll distract him." Hina offered.

"You're an angel." I placed a quick kiss on her cheek before heading toward the other exit, which was situated on the side of the school building.

When I opened the door, I came face to face with none other than Baji. He had obviously been waiting here, expecting me.

"Avoiding Mikey, are we?" He teased with a smirk.

I took a step back as he went to stand in the doorway, purposefully blocking my path.

I glared at him. "Let me go, Baji."

"Come on," He tilted his head to the side. "Why don't you just listen to what he has to say?"

"No!" I snapped. For the second time that day, I felt tears prick my eyes and I dropped my gaze to the floor as I whispered, "He cheated on me. Several times. And everybody knew except for me." I peeked up at the boy's face through my tears, my chin trembling as I held back the tears. "Do you know how humiliating that is, Baji?"

His eyes widened and a few seconds of silence passed as we stared at each other. He swallowed, then he pulled his hoodie over his head and handed it to me.

"He won't notice you if you wear that."

I warmed at the gesture and accepted, putting his hoodie on.

"Thanks."

I caught Baji's eyes traveling up and down, his lips curving into an appreciative smile as he watched the way his hoodie looked on me. 

"Perfect." He whispered more to himself than to me before reaching out a hand to pull the hood of his hoodie over my head. 

His brown eyes searched for mine as he did so. "I don't agree with what Mikey did, you know."

I gave him a faint smile and the Toman member silently observed me for a few more seconds.

"Mikey messed up." He said.

My breath caught in my throat as he brought his face closer to mine. But suddenly, he stopped himself and shook his head before taking a step back.

"Yeah. Really, really messed up." He repeated, his voice barely above a whisper.