Part 2 - Chapter 27

After Mikey left me, I spent 10 minutes alone in the restroom, doing my best to hold back the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes. Once I felt like I had a grip on my emotions again, I walked out of the restroom, completely ignoring the businessman I had forced myself to flirt with. Mikey wasn't there anymore, and so wasn't the girl who had been talking to him before he came to meet me in the bathroom. For all I knew they might have left together.

Fucking awesome.

The second I stepped out of the bar, I was greeted by a wave of wind-driven rain that almost instantly soaked my clothes. My house was about 20 minutes away, but I had to drop by somewhere first. I jogged under the heavy rain through the streets of Shibuya, ignoring the curious looks the passers-by shot me. Through the wall of rain, a green neon sign drew my gaze.

Finally.

The bell jingled as I pushed open the door to the small pharmacy. The old man standing behind the counter eyed my soaking wet hair and clothes, his upper lip twisting in disapproval.

Ignore him, Ignore him, Ignore him.

I walked down one of the aisles, my eyes sweeping over the shelves until I found what I had come here for.

50 dollars for a morning-after pill?! You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Sighing, I reached into my purse to take my wallet. 10 dollars. That's all I had on me.

Every time I thought this night couldn't get any worse, it did.

Dropping my head forward, I rested my forehead against the shelf and closed my eyes, finally allowing myself to let the tears I had been holding back run down my cheeks. 

I hadn't even registered the jiggling sound of the bell that signaled a new customer had just entered the pharmacy before someone walked down the aisle I was standing in.

"Y/N?"

I opened my eyes and glanced to my right, still resting my head against the shelf. Through my tears, my eyes settled on two pairs of black boots before slowly travelling up two black uniforms until they met the gazes of Ran and Rindou. There were several cuts on their faces, probably from the fight I imagined they had just put up with the Toman members Izana has asked them to attack.

I immediately straightened up, quickly wiping my tears with the wet sleeves of my cardigan.

"Hey." I tried to force a smile on my face but knew I wasn't very convincing.

Their brows furrowed as their gazes dropped to the small morning-after pill box I was holding in my hand. I tried to hide it but didn't do it fast enough.

"Did Mikey..." Ran started, his eyes shooting back to my face. "Did he fucking force himself on you?"

I dropped my eyes to the floor of the pharmacy. "No, he-"

"Did he?" Ran took a step forward and tried to touch my face but I slightly backed away.

Rindou grabbed the back of his brother's jacket to pull him backwards. "Give her some space." He warned.

My eyes lifted and locked on Rindou's as he looked from his brother to me.

"You're cold." He noticed.

My lips parted. The mix of anger and sadness boiling inside of me had been consuming me so much that I hadn't even realized that indeed, my body was freezing cold. I was shaking, my wet clothes clinging to my skin in the most uncomfortable way possible.

Rindou ran a hand across his mouth, his jaw clenching. Without a word, he took a step towards me and, gazing into my eyes, he reached down to take the morning-after pill box from my hand. He then walked over to the counter, grabbing a small bottle of antiseptic spray and a pack of gauze for him and his brother on the way.