07. | safe and sound

────────.★..─
CH07 : DIFFERENT
LEAP OF FAITH
─..★.────

I sat alone in my room, the words of Gwen and the others still ringing painfully in my ears. They had called me and miles useless, as if our efforts to help them fight the enemy which was kingpin mainly— were insignificant. The 'insults' caught me by surprise, and my mind spiraled into a deep, upsetting place.

All of my past insecurities and self-doubts reemerged. We had worked so hard to prove ourselves valuable team members, but their words shattered my sense of purpose. My attempts to help the cause felt extra pointless now.

It wasn't just a word, it was a crushing blow, a painful realization that we were..useless I guess. I felt as though I didn't belong, a worthless outcast.

But I was also overreacting.

I curled up on my bed, the weight of the hurt too much to bear. Sobs wracked my body as I tried to grapple with the pangs of suffering. I struggled to figure out what I had done, or what I could do to make things right.

But the truth was that the damage was already done.

As I replayed the conversation over and over again in my head, I found myself sinking deeper and deeper into a state of helplessness and sadness. The harsh words continued to replay like a broken record. Tears streamed down my face, and I couldn't bring myself to leave the isolation of my room. And while I wanted to believe that everything would be okay, nothing could soothe the pain of feeling publicly outcast by people I considered my 'friends' or 'spider friends'.

I stared at my hands, clenching and unclenching my fists as I felt the power inside me spark to life once again. Slowly, but surely, my eyes began to emit a purple glow that illuminated the some of the room.

It was like I was tapping into a well of energy deep within me, each radiant burst casting the world into stark relief. The glow beckoned me, compelling me to unleash the full range of my abilities.

I could feel the thrumming waves of energy pulsating through my veins, reminding me of only one thing – the strength of my abilities.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves, overcome the trauma that still lingered. The voice inside me instructed to resist and held me from reaching deep into myself to pull out the extra energy and ability.

But it wasn't easy. The harder I tried to control my gift, the stronger it became, radiating through my limbs. With a renewed sense of determination, I closed my eyes and focused every fiber of my essence.

I felt the tingle of the magic spreading through my whole body and my eyes began to glow the brighter shade of purple once more.

In that moment, I knew I had no choice; I either let go of the fear and embraced the power or let fear take over me and lose to it. Ultimately, the answer was clear. With a deep breath, I let the energy flow unhindered, allowing my purple aura to envelop everything around me. almost.

The new surge of power was exhilarating – a humbling and empowering feeling to know that I could take on the world with my gift. Raw power flowed uncontrollably through me, and I could see before me, all that was waiting for me to embrace them. I reveled in the new found confidence and familiarity that the energy filled me up with, despite the uncertainty that the risks might bring.