04. | sticky hands

────────.★..─
          CH04 : STICKY HANDS
─..★.────

I sat in my room writing down in my notebook, but I was also thinking to myself. I think it's been about a month since miles and I talked, I haven't even called him. mostly just left him on read every time he would text me, but then he suddenly stopped.

I could understand why, honestly. I placed my headphones on and began listening to music, tapping my fingers against the desk.

Getting up from my desk I made my way over to my bed, staring up at the ceiling and sighing to myself. I just thought if maybe I reached out to miles we would maybe, I dunno, talk again?

I took my headphones off when I heard a knock on the door, it opened and I saw my mom walk in. she noticed I was still a little upset about what happened. I didn't tell her I witnessed it though.

"Good news, I finally opened the diner. Guess who visited?" My mom says as she sits next to me, tucking some hair behind my ear.

"Who?" I asked curious cause I wanted to know, "Miles did. I don't see you two around each other anymore..why?" she asks.

"Please don't bring that up right now. I don't wanna talk about it, or him for that matter." I mumbled while rubbing a hand over my face.

My mom sighs, "[Name], did something happen between you two? his mom is also concerned. it's been two days and you haven't came out of his room yet, you've been isolating yourself."

"I know. It's just, after dad died he told me not to give up and that's what I'm doing right now." I said and sat up a little.

"Well, that's what our family doesn't do. we don't give up, we never give up. that's why he was so hard on you, because he loved you." My mom said while wrapping her arms around me.

"You ever think about moving out of Brooklyn?" I asked her, she looked off to the side but I noticed her saddened look.

"Uh..your aunt, she uh, I told her to uhm...take you with her to New Jersey for awhile." I froze when I heard her say that.

I quickly stood up and shook my head, "Why New Jersey? that's so far away." I say.

"Just for a bit until I get everything settled. I'm sorry I had to tell you this way but please trust me, okay? I don't know why it took me so long to tell you and if you're mad at me I understand." My mom says.

"But I'm gonna- I'm gonna be away from miles and that's one thing I don't want. I'm not going there." I said while shaking my head.

My mom stares at me before sending me a smile, "Hey. that's okay. that's perfectly fine. you're just like him...you remind me of him everyday. that's a good thing, he was pretty stubborn. now you see where you get it from."

"Yeah." I nod and gave her a smile as well, I pulled her into a hug. at least I wasn't going, I didn't wanna be away from miles.

———

"C'mon, c'mon do the eye thing. LET ME SEE THE ELECTRICITY—" before I could finish I felt my hand vibrate and the plug from my hand caused a huge spark to be created and the blast made me fly back.