02. | bitten

────────.★..─
          CH02 : BITTEN
─..★.────

I was now back inside the school writing in my notebook jotting notes down after the class I took, I hadn't notice miles running down the hall and towards me.

he had bumped into me which made yelp in surprise not knowing who it was, I turned around and saw it was miles.

"Oh! you..okay?" I asked while looking at him weirdly, he was sweating an awful lot. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Miles? hey, your sweating a lot." I pointed out.

"What?" He replies as he wipes the sweat from his head, "Why are you sweating so much?" I asked.

Miles looked off to the side before turning back to me, "it's a puberty thing." he says.

Then his eyes widens slightly and I stood there with furrowed eyebrows, "I don't know why I said that. I'm not going through puberty." he quickly said.

I stood there and looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "I did, but I'm done. I'm a man." Miles said while mimicking a deep voice.

"So, remember when I said I was going to see you the day before yesterday? I'm sorry I couldn't come. I had went somewhere with my uncle Aaron." Miles continued to say.

"Uh..miles, really, it's fine." I said while scratching the back of my neck, "but it's not! I felt like I lied. if I would've knew we were going somewhere I would've told you [name] and I-"

"Miles, miles it's okay! I'm not keeping tabs on you. please don't feel like you have to tell me everything." I said with a chuckle.

Miles stared at me for a few seconds before pulling me into a hug, this time I wasn't surprised and hugged him back.

Do the shoulder touch now before they walk away. wait am I doing this in slow motion or is it just me? Miles thought to himself.

I felt him place his hand on my shoulder as he pulled away from the hug, "...hey." I heard him say.

I stared at his hand on my shoulder and then looked into his eyes, "Hi?" I replied.

It was quiet between us for awhile and I sighed, "Miles you're acting weird. I should get going." I said.

"Oh! well, uhm, bye." Miles says and I turned around to walk away but felt his hand grab onto my shirt and yank me backwards.

"Miles! h-hey, what are you doing?" I asked with a small gasp, "s-sorry. I'm trying to let go." Miles said.

"Seriously..." I mumbled as miles was still touching my shoulder, "it wasn't me I swear!" Miles protested.

He tried pulling away but only pulled tighter and the pin on my shirt made me wince, "ow! ow! okay, maybe not let go!" I say.

Then his hand was now on the collar of my shirt and he yanked me forward, we were inches away from each other and now our noses were brushing.

"Miles, let go." I said and tried moving out of his grasp, "I'm workin' on it." Miles said and I tried getting away again only to fail.

"I think it's just puberty." Miles whispered to me, "shush! you don't even know what puberty is do you?!" I whisper shouted back.