06. | not ready

────────.★..─
          CH06 : NOT READY
─..★.────

We made it to someone named May's house? I didn't know who she was but she must've been the Aunt of Peter.

We stood there on the sidewalk and I stayed next to miles who was still holding my hand, this was definitely normal. I know it was.

"We should probably go." Peter said and I rolled my eyes while shaking my head, I rubbed my tired eyes. my mom is probably wondering where I am.

"Peter, we're literally
on the doorstep." I spoke
while clicking my tongue.

"Bad idea. this is a bad idea."

"Just relax."

I crossed my arms while shutting my eyes closed and yawning. another notification came from my phone but I ignored it.

Mom:
[name], please respond.
I'm getting worried now.
seen

I frowned for a second
before shutting my phone off and rubbing my head with frustration.

——

We headed down to Aunt May's basement and I followed behind miles, I looked around at all the suits and my eyes widen slightly in amazement.

I glanced over at one of the suits which had a cape on it, I then looked over at Peter who was looking at a photo of MJ.

"Hey, Peter." I say and he turns to me, I immediately start smiling, "I think this is a cape." I said jokingly.

Peter chuckles. hey! I got him to laugh so that's a point for me.

I then made my way next to aunt may, I glanced over at one of the items on the ground, since when was that there?

I made my way over to it, ignoring the sounds of the others talking. I picked up the item and looked down at it, huh...It looks nice.

I saw it was a silver ring, I put it on and it seemed to fit just right. weird, I felt drawn to it. I know it sounds crazy but it just appeared out of nowhere.

I turned away from it and shrugged, still having it on my finger.

But I didn't notice it glitching. I made my way over to the others but suddenly my spidey-senses went off.

"Who are these guys?" I asked as I make my way over to the other spider people, I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw the cartoony like spider-man walk towards me.

"I'm Peter porker, only—"

"No. I'm so tired of these stories. STOP." I said while pulling at my hair, the one dressed in black and white held his hand out to me.

"I'm spider-noir."

"I'm peni! and this is sp//dr!"

"Nice to meet you all. now that that's out the way...we have to get this finished. right miles?" I say as I turn to him, he nods.

Peter steps forward, "and them, they can do many things! things like see through things with they're eyes! do it now [name]." he says as he nudged my shoulder.

I shut my eyes and concentrated as best as I could— but nothing happened unfortunately.

"Can't do it on command just yet." I say while smiling mischievously. I then felt myself get punched in the face by sp//dr and I winced.

"Aw, c'mon man!" I say as i groaned in pain. apparently they started ganging  up on us.

C'mon get up.

Get up.

I tried getting up but it was no use, I felt useless at this point as I tried getting up. Miles tried doing the same but we stayed on the ground, they turned us before shaking they're heads and walking towards Peter.

I stood up and winced a little, miles grabbed my hand and we headed over to the elevator.

They were literally just talking about us like we weren't there but stopped as we were leaving. I saw gwen frown but I just shook my head as I looked off to the side.

——

I made my way home without even saying goodbye to miles, I was too caught up with everything.

I began walking somewhere—
anywhere really cause I didn't
want to be bothered.

Mom:
[name], it's been
days now. Rio, Jeff, and I are worried about you and miles. I haven't heard from you all day.
seen

I just kept walking and I had a tired look on my face.

I just hoped I
would be able to handle all of this.

END OF CHAPTER 6