"Jamie said you could help us" Hally said. "We kinda need all the help we can get"

"What do you need help with? What can I possibly help you-" Norman was interrupted by the sounds of footsteps in the hallway and the sound of his name being called.

Norman turned to the door and then back to where the two spirits had been standing. Both of them stayed where they were, exchanging looks.

"You should probably pretend you're asleep" Jack said, moving to sit on the window sill. "Don't worry, your parents won't see us"

Norman was about to question it when his father's voice called out to him again. He jumped towards his bed and covered himself as quick as he could. The door to his bedroom opened and light from the hallway poured in.

"Norman?" His father called out into the room in a whisper.

Norman remained quiet, he concentrated on making his breathing sound like he was asleep. His father called out his name one more time before entering the room. He walked past Norman's bed and towards the window. Norman's heart began to race in his chest. What was his dad doing? Could he see the other two people in his room? How would he explain that to his dad? The man for years had thought of his son as an outsider, as a freak? They had only just starting getting along.

Instead of hearing his father yell or scream, Norman heard the sound of the window closing and his father's retreating footsteps. When he heard the sound of the door close shut behind his father, Norman waited until the sounds of his father's footsteps faded away. He sat up then and looked back, to where the two supernatural beings stood, in the same positions as they had before except this time Hally had another one of his comic's in her hands and Jack was fiddling around with one of his Buster Vincent action figures.

"Maybe we should take this conversation outside, so you know, you won't get into trouble when you wake up your parents again. You talk really loud" Jack said sniggering.

Hally rolled her eyes and gave Norman a warm smile. Jack opened the window and jumped out. Norman ripped the covers right off him and jumped from his bed. He rushed to the window and looked out the window. The guy, spirit dude, was nuts! He couldn't just jump out the window without getting hurt.

"What?" Jack shouted up at him giving him a suspicious look. "We're spirits. You of all people should know what we can and can't do. Did you really think I'd get hurt?" 

Norman stared at Jack in wonder. He just jumped out the window and had landed on his feet. He wasn't even injured. He turned back to Hally, who now stood behind him. 

"I'll give you a lift out. You jump out that window and you'll probably die" She said. "Just take my hand"

Hally held out her right hand for Norman to take. He took her hand nervously. He'd never taken the hand of a spirit before. He'd never touched one really. He was excpecting her skin to be cold and hard but her skin was warm and soft. Like a normal hand.

"I thought all dead people were cold" He said, staring at their hands.

Hally laughed. "Well I guess I'm not totally considered dead. I hug a lot of kids, I guess it wouldn't be fun if they felt like they were hugging a grave. Besides it's frosty the snowman that's the cold one"

Norman looked at Hally and smiled. He was only 2 inch's taller than her. She had a pretty smile. Something wet and cold collided with the side of his head, causing him to fall to his side.

"Jack!" Hally exclaimed in surprise and shock.

"Hey! That's my girlfriend buddy! Back off or I'll run you over with a plow truck" Jack said as he flew into the room and glared down at Norman.

"I wasn't doing anything!" Norman defended himself staring up at the winter spirit in surprise.  

Hally scoffed and floated up to Jack and grabbed his ear.

"Hey! Hally what are you doing?" he asked as Hally dragged him in the air towards the window.

"We've got to get a move on" she said as she threw the winter spirit out of the window.

She held out her hand again for Norman and helped him off the ground.

"Sorry about him, he's a bit protective" She explained, giving him a small smile.

"It's okay" Norman said. "I can take a winter spirit"

Hally laughed, a cheery warm laugh that made Norman feel like this wasn't the strangest situation he'd ever been in.

"Well don't worry about the plough truck thing. That's not his style" She said as she took his hand. "Now, Whatever you do, don't let go off my hand and don't scream. I don't think you waking your neighbours and having them see you fly through the air would help you get girls" she said as she pulled him towards the window. 

"It exactly wouldn't hurt my chances anymore than the whole talking to the dead thing has" Norman said just before Hally jumped through the window, bringing Norman after her.

Norman braced himself to fall into the bushes under his window. He shut his eyes tight and grit his teeth. He could see his death all over the newspapers and on the news in his mind. 'Local ex-nut job dies in suspected attempted suicide' Although he had believed Hally wouldn't drop him, he still felt that he would fall. He waited for his body to hit the ground, but opened his tightly shut eyes after a few minutes of waiting. He looked down at the ground below him, lightly covered in snow.

"Jack would ya knock it off with the snow?" Hally asked. "This town isn't meant to get snow for another week"

"You love the snow, don't deny it, everyone loves the snow" Jack called from somewhere below them.

Norman couldn't see him but he could hear him. He looked to Hally at his side, holding his hand gently. She looked to him and smiled.

"Alright there Norman?" She asked him.

Norman shook his head and looked down to the town again. He couldn't get the excited smile off his face.

"This is incredible" He whispered in awe.

"Yeah" Hally agreed. "Flying never looses it's charm"