The Sins of the Father

Start from the beginning

Silas stands with his father and Morgana as they watch Arthur enter the arena, Morgause already waiting "The fight is by the Knights' Rules. And to the death." Uther says. "I'm offering you a final chance to withdraw. I suggest you take it. Then you leave me no choice." Arthur tells Morgause, getting no response he puts on his helmet. Silas watches as Arthur and Morgause fight, Arthur catching Morgause's arm but letting her pick up her sword. Morgause disarms Arthur and puts her sword to his chest, the two of them talking quietly. Silas watches in confusion as Morgause stands, bows to Uther, and leaves as Arthur gets up.

Later that day, Silas sits watching Merlin help Arthur as Arthur lies slumped over the table "It could've been worse." Merlin tells Arthur. "How, exactly, could it have been worse?" Arthur asks. "You could be dead." SIlas points out. "At least I wouldn't have to face everyone. I've never felt so humiliated in my entire life. I was defeated by a girl." Arthur pouts. "It's actually quite funny when you think about it. Or not." Merlin chuckles before sobering up as Arthur gives him a look. "No. It's like you said. I was hindered because I was fighting a woman. I was worried I was going to hurt her. That's why she won." Arthur tells Merlin. "You didn't look hindered..." Silas smirks, Arthur sending him a look of annoyance.

The next morning, Silas joins Arthur, going for a ride with him

The next morning, Silas joins Arthur, going for a ride with him. The two of them find Morgause preparing her horse for travel "Congratulations on your victory. You're a skilful swordsman. Woman. Swords... swordswoman." Arthur congratulates. Silas tries not to laugh "I think what's my brother is trying to say is that you were a very skilful opponent." he tells Morgause. She smiles and walks over to Arthur's horse "You have a beautiful horse." she compliments before going to Clover "As do you." she tells Silas. "Thank you." Silas smiles, stroking Clover's snout. "I shall expect to see you three days hence. Silas, you are more than welcome to join him." Morgause tells the brothers. "How will we find you?" Arthur asks. "When the time comes, you will know your way." she responds. "If we don't show up it might be because we don't know where we're going." Arthur tells her. "The path you must follow will become clear to you." Morgause says, mounting her horse "I should thank you for allowing me to retrieve my sword." she tells Arthur. "I'm starting to wish I hadn't." Arthur tells her. "You showed yourself to be a man of honour. You inherited that trait from your mother." Morgause smiles. "You knew my mother?" Arthur asks. "I knew her very well." Morgause says, beginning to ride off. "Wait!" Arthur exclaims, trying to stop her. Silas frowns "Silas?" Arthur asks. "She... she also told me that she knew my mother." Silas explains. "The you'll come with me when i go to find her." Arthur tells him.

Later that day, Silas sits with Arthur in Arthur's Chambers. Merlin walks in looking confused "Why are the guards outside the door?" he asks. "My father has confined me to my chambers and has forbidden me from accepting Morgause's challenge." Arthur responds. "Well, maybe he's got a point. You, you don't know what she might've asked you to do." Merlin tells him. "I gave her my word." Arthur says. "So, I take it we're going anyway." Merlin realises. "You're smarter than you look. Gather some supplies, we leave tonight. Oh, and Merlin... find a way to get me out of here." Arthur tells him. Merlin nods and leaves "I'll get Annalise to bring me my amour through the servant's entrance." Silas decides, Arthur nodding in response.