"Wait, but-"

"Don't break my promise!"

"Fine." He sat back.

"Wanna go to the movie now?"

"Yes."

I turned the engine over and drove away.

Laurance's POV

I peaked out the window, cracking the blinds open just a little and frowned. Dante threw a pillow at me. "Dude! What do you think you're doing?"

"Nothing, man."

"Is Aphmau out there with Aaron again?" He popped up next to me. "Wait, it's just Leona and Garroth. Why are you staring at them?"

"No reason."

"Wait, they've been spending a lot of time together recently. Do you think-" He stopped himself. "Nevermind."

I tore my eyes away from the window. "What?"

"No. He wouldn't."

"Wouldn't what, Dante?"

"Ah... I don't know. They've just seemed pretty close and they look like they're having a serious conversation."

"What are you getting at?"

"Do you think they're, you know... together?"

My heart fell. "What?"

"I don't know. I'm probably wrong. Ignore me."

Travis walked in the front door. "Hey, did you guys know that Leona and Garroth are talking in her car out front?"

"Not the right time, Trav." Dante said. 

I immediately walked to my room and shut the door. I heard Travis's voice through the door. "What did I say?"

-

Leona's POV

When I told Katelyn about the whole dad situation later, she took it like I would've expected. "Your father is who? He did what?"

"Look, it was a long time ago, Katey. Stop pacing." I grabbed her arm and pulled her to sit down on her bed. "There's nothing we can do about it now."

"Nothing? There's always something we can do, Leo."

"Unless you have a way to go back and stop my conception, then I don't think so."

"Woah." She leaned back on the bed and covered her face with her arm. "This is so messed up and crazy. How are you handling it?" 

"As well as someone can, I guess."

"I'm so sorry, Leo." She pulled me into a hug. Although she was never a very sentimental sister and always seemed to take the tough love approach, she always seemed to know when I needed her to be the opposite. It was one of the things I loved about her.

Flashback

I had been in bed for about a week at this point. Dad and Kacey had tried to come in a couple of times, probably to get me to eat or take a shower or something, but I barely registered that they were even there. I cried all day everyday, occasionally falling into a restless sleep. I didn't wake up from the nightmare breakup until I felt her hand rub my arm. I turned and saw Katelyn sitting next to me, a worried look on her face. I broke down for what felt like the hundredth time this week. "Katey!" She held me tight and shushed me comfortingly. She smoothed out my hair as I cried into her arms. 

"You're okay. I'm here. Just let it out." I sobbed harder. "Let it all out." We stayed this way for a while before I finally ran out of tears and pulled away.

I sniffed. "You're here."

"I needed to be." She studied me. I'm sure I was a sight. I hadn't showered since prom and only changed to get out of my dress. I'm positive that I was absolutely stunning, and not a complete train wreck at all. "You look good."

I wiped at my eyes. "Thanks." We sat in silence for a second. "Umm, we-"

"I know. Dad told me."

"Thank Irene for that." I stared down at my hands.

"Look, Leona. I know this is hard. believe me. My heart's been broken, too." I remembered how her and Jeoffrey's breaked up crushed her. She was completely numb for days, but she still did everything that she did before, just unfeeling. "Look at me... You can't let this control your life. He was important to you, I understand. But he's not you. You've had your mourning period and you'll feel bad for a long time. But you have to learn how to move on. You have your family and friends here to support you. We'll all drop anything to help you through this process. But you need to know that you're so much more than him. You're Leona Blue!" She gave me a small smile and held my hands. "You're brave, confident, funny, and a force to be reckoned with. But even more important, you are strong and capable. Never forget that." I hesitantly nodded. She was right. "Good. Now go take a shower. You stink."

She took care of me that weekend. She made sure that I ate after I got out of the shower. I had lost a lot of weight during that week and I needed to gain it back. She took me to get a new outfit and took me on a run. She made sure that I got out of the house and was doing something. Honestly, that made a huge difference. I wasn't ready for when she had to leave, but she assured me that I'd be fine. And I wasn't then, but i was getting there.

-

I pulled away and smiled.

She gave me a weird look. "What?"

"Nothing. I just love you."

"Yeah, well, whatever. You're alright." She stood up. "Wanna go on a run or something?"

"Yeah. Sure."

As long as I have my sister, I knew that I'd be okay.

Thanks for reading!