Chapter 87 - Torture

Start from the beginning

"Well, won't you turn around and greet me? You wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for me."

My heart thumped.

"Ungrateful fool."

I felt her magic raise me in the air.

* L-Let me go, B-Bete!

"Nah...I've waited too long for this. To finally find something against you. After what I did for you, and yet you still don't seem thankful. No, that won't do..."

My vision blurred before a memory showed up.

* What do you mean nothing's helping Geno?!

'Error, calm down. Let the doctors explain.'

* NO! Fresh doesn't even care, Geno won't talk to anyone because he's in too much pain and NOBODY'S FIXING HIM!!!

* You gotta chill, bro-

* NO!

I wanted so badly to comfort Error, but I was paralysed...fatigued...broken. My eyes weren't even open, all I could do was hear my family's breakdowns everyday.

Snap out of it.

"Let's face it, who's to blame for that poor baby's death."

* Don't.

"Well it wasn't Ink, but I'll get into that side in just a moment. Wasn't Reaper. That just leaves you right? That baby didn't deserve you..."

* I know what you're trying to do and it won't work.

We were teleported into what I thought was a memory...but instead was another reality.

* Mama, look I did it!

I looked in the direction of the sweet innocent voice to see a girl, holding up a flower crown to me. Reaper kissed my check and held my tummy.

* I bet she'll make so many flower crowns for the little one on the way.

You could've had this all.
But you were not good enough.

* She's beautiful...

* And ours...

She reached her hands out for me and I couldn't help but walk towards her.

Go on, this is your only opportunity.

Error's View:
I gave Ink his energy drip before feeling something...wrong.

* You okay...?

* Something's not right.

* In what sense?

* I dunno...

She's beautiful...
Go on, this is your only opportunity.

* Perhaps it's just-

I teleported randomly as I felt this strong sensation in my chest.

Go for it.

* Geno-

I teleported again and my strings grabbed ahold of Geno before he stepped of the edge of the cliff. I quickly brought him back up.

He hadn't moved.

"He wanted this."

I turned around quickly to see a girl. Her soul was bright pink.

She's nice, oh, and, she has a pink soul!

That's nice I guess...

* Excuse me?

"Do you know what happens to fools who mess up my plans?" Her grin pissed me off even more.

What's her name?
Bete Noir, she's really nice. :)

* You think I don't know who you are? You don't know how much pain you caused my entire family.

"I wouldn't upset me if I were you. Ink is only in his second trimester after a-"

Strings grabbed onto her and started getting tighter and tighter.

* I will kill you right here and now if you say his name again.

"Awww, I'm terrified~"

* What...what happened...

Before Geno could turn to face me, Bete had disappeared.

* You were about to walk off the cliff, what the fuck is wrong with you?!

* I didn't...I wasn't in control-

* I know that, idiot. Ink and I have fought her before, her reality altering magic is based on past memories!!!

* Oh.

* WELL?!

* Let's not talk about it...I'm not comfortable sharing what's happened since...y'know..

Geno looked down on silence, wiping his teary eyes.

* Geno...

* L-Let's just go home, okay?

Geno refused to speak as we went through my portal. He went straight to his room and locked the door.

So I waited for Reaper to get home.