Ch. 6 - Motel California

Start from the beginning

"Y/N knows her." Scott argued.

"I meant like, know her as in know what she's been up to since the fire." Stiles explained. "That's ten years she's been presumed dead."

"I trust Y/N, and he trusts Cora." Scott continued. He was very defensive when it came to his family.

"Is it trust, or blind love?" Stiles asked.

"You don't have Lydia on the list. I could say the same thing about you." Scott countered. Stiles' face contorted into guilt, shocking Scott. "Lydia's on the list too?"

"She was totally controlled by Peter, and she had no idea, so..." Stiles argued, before he fell silent. Both Stiles and Scott fell back into their respective beds simultaneously.

(POV Change)

Y/N was alone in his room, laying on the bed as he stared up into the ceiling. Memories of the previous encounter with the Alpha pack replayed in his mind. Derek falling. Boyd being clawed. Cora's ribs being broken. How he wasn't there sooner. But it wasn't his fault, he got them help and did the best he could. Right? ...Right...?

"You failed." A voice said, making Y/N sit up rapidly. Looking around, Y/N's heart began to race. Whispers began to meet his ears, causing him to race out of his room and onto the railing. But what he saw, terrified him. Standing in the parking lot, looking right at him with glowing red eyes and a look of disappointment, was the woman who accepted Y/N as a human into their pack.

 Standing in the parking lot, looking right at him with glowing red eyes and a look of disappointment, was the woman who accepted Y/N as a human into their pack

Talia Hale shook her head, as she spoke. "We let you into our home. Our pack. And you repay us by letting us die?" she asked. Y/N could hear her like she was right in front of him. His heart raced as his head spun. "You dare, call us your family? When you were so much of a coward as to let us DIE?!" Y/N stumbled back as flashes of the Hale fire popped up in his mind, memories he had tried to bury. Falling to the floor, Y/N bumped his room door open. Scrambling back to his feet, Y/N looked back into the parking lot, but Talia was gone. Y/N sighed, before he began to try and calm himself down. Y/N doesn't like talking about it, but he was there that night. The night the Hale house was set on fire. And he couldn't do anything to save the people that treated him like one of their own.

(POV Change)

Things began to raise to a level of creepy and concern for the rest of the group. Allison and Lydia were in their room with Stiles and Cora after Lydia had heard two people commit suicide in another room, but there was nothing in the room they ran into. On top of that, Scott had earlier, walked in on Allison showering, but it was like he was in a trance. Like he wasn't in his right frame of mind. And Allison had seen him like that only once before. When he was under the influence of the full moon. But it wasn't a full moon tonight, nor was Scott affected by the moon anymore.

Stiles had his own run in with Body, who had, like Scott in his trance, emotionlessly put his fist through the glass of a vending machine, and mindlessly took a snack before walking away. And to make matters worse, the number the motel had, which signified the number of motel suicides the owners had, had gone up from 198, to 202. Meaning 4 more people were predicted to die this night.