6: Korean Squirrel?

"Why is it always you three?"

Gunwook and Gyuvin sat beside me, with Hanbin and Jeonghyeon in the front. I knew the lot can sing (except for Gunwook, which changed today) but I didn't know they could sing this horribly. The moment Man in Love started playing was when I realized, maybe I should've taken Jianyu's offer and gotten on the bike. But then again, when I saw the way he cut through the traffic and zipped down the lane with a helpless Seunghwan behind him, I was sure that the bibimbap we had on the way wouldn't be able to handle it.

Gyuvin's big palm slapped me across my face when he spread it out to do the little dancey-dance that Taerae did last year. Even with my earplugs on and shutters rolled down, I could hear Hanbin's loud dolphin laugh and Gunwook joining shortly after, his reserved persona nowhere to be found. It was a bit weird, considering that it hasn't even been a week since I got to know this guy and I'm already on the way to the beach because a certain person felt bored. He was quick to warm up to the others and now they act like they've known each other for years.

Which is weird, because many of them had known him for years. That's why he got class president (and totally not because he beat the living crap out of his vice). He started coming over with the rest and Gyuvin never seemed to have a problem with that, heck! even Jeonghyeon who disliked him at first was inviting for everything. I didn't know what changed—

I shook my head, Why am I even thinking about this now? Boys will be boys. Most of them are extroverts so it's no surprise to see them get close so quickly.

Gunwook removed one of my earplugs and the sudden scream that Hanbin let out drilled through my brain. I glared at the boy, "What?"

"Are you okay?" He asked, keeping the ear plug away from me when I tried to reach for it. "You just keep staring into space"

"It's called zoning out, Park," I said, giving up when he kept the yellow bud in his hoodie pocket. "My brain can't keep up with you choir of banshees"

Hanbin gasped dramatically, "Banshees? Bestie, we can sing. People cry when they hear us singing"

"No wonder my eyes bled"

Gunwook's laugh made me narrow my eyes on him but the look of amusement didn't seem to wipe off. He patted my shoulder, "Loosen up a little, will you Han? You're not gonna be able to do any of this after 2nd semester"

He had a point but there were two points. It was either exams hammering our anxiety or him leaving the team, or both. But I'd consider the former because he didn't want to lose the bet and neither do I.

I sighed and asked Hanbin to pass the phone. He didn't even hesitate, no— In fact, he knew what I was going to play and so did Jeonghyeon who protested against it. GANG by H1gher Music started blasting through the speakers of the white supra and the Ford that overtook us screamed.

It was Junhyeon screaming to stop the song and Woojin begging for help as Gangnam style blasted through the speakers of the black Ford. I felt bad for the squirrel but it was his fault for not going with Jianyu. The boys kept singing about Korean squirrels until the mountains and valleys parted ways, and a long blue line stretching to the horizon was now clear.

We didn't take the main road, however, the route that sent us straight through the city and to the sea. Instead, Jeonhyeon followed Taerae's truck, leading us down through a short valley. The nostalgia was there, when we first met Taerae and Hanbin, we took the same route to get away from the police because of Jeonghyeon's underage driving. I thought it'd last as a core memory but when I tried, it was only a fuzz of memories.

Hanbin looked back at me, his eyes turning into crescents as he smiled excitedly. "Jeonghyeon nearly sent us to jail, remember?"

I chuckled, although it didn't come from my stomach, "Yeah, Taerae got so mad that day"