So, what now?: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Oh, good!" The Collector said, maintaining his smile. He looked over at Camila, "So, you're Luz's mother?" he asked.

"Si, and you are the... Space Cherub?" Camila replied, still unsure of what exactly to call the being before her.

"The Collector! I collect stuff, you know, like puppets!" The Collector said, beaming slightly.

"Yeah, you did a great job doing that..." Hunter deadpanned, looking at the familiar faces in the puppet pile.

The Collector averted his eyes, feeling another wave of shame wash over him as he frowned. He did still feel a good bit of guilt for forcing everyone to play those games with him. But he just wanted to play for the first time in centuries! He was so excited to be free... But he guessed he never really took the time to see how much his excitement affected everyone else.

Amity took notice of his frown, and couldn't help but take pity on him. She patted the Collector on the back comfortingly, which he seemed to appreciate as a smile slowly returned to his face.

"Uh... Amity, right?" Collector asked, Amity smiled a bit.

"Yes, that's me." Amity confirmed, "King mentioned you a couple times... Luz talked about you a lot too." he said.

Amity chuckled, "Yeah, I'm not surprised..." she remarked.

As she finished chuckling, she looked at all the puppetized people in the pile and the few stragglers they didn't manage to gather. Amity sighed, it would take a while to turn them all back to their normal selves. Her eyes wandered until they landed on a certain one... Lilith Clawthorne.

"Collector..." Amity began, and the star child turned to her.

"Yeah?" He asked in reply, "Could you turn that one over there back to normal please?" Amity pointed at the puppet of Lilith.

"Oh yeah, sure!" Collector said. He walked over, and quickly used his powers to peel off the puppet sticker.

After a moment, Lilith's form turned back to that of her normal one. She blinked for a moment, holding her head.

"Agh, that was..." Lilith began to say, before she realized who was standing before her. "YOU! How did you-" Lilith exclaimed, before Amity rushed over to join the two.

"Miss Clawthorne! Don't worry, he's not against us anymore! He helped save us... Please, calm down." Amity quickly assured her old mentor, which seemed to slightly calm Lilith down.

"Okay, okay... Wait." She looked around seeing the rest of the group, noticing a new face in the form of Camila. "How did you all get here? And who is that?" Lilith asked, sitting up from her slumped position.

"I can explain everything later. But all you need to know right now is that we're all safe, but we need your help turning all these people back to normal." Amity explained, gesturing around at all the puppets.

Lilith looked around once more, before nodding, "Alright... I can do that. I'm assuming the Collector has the power to do so?" Lilith inquired.

The Collector nodded, "Yeah! It's easy! We'll have everyone back to normal in no time!" he replied. Lilith gave what seemed to be a bit of a forced smile, before turning to Amity.

"I believe I can handle this... Perhaps you should go see if my sister and nephew are okay." Lilith suggested, as she picked up a puppet from the pile.

Amity smiled and nodded, before turning to the Hexsquad and Camila. "Come on, let's go find them. We should make sure they're all okay."

"But where do you think they even are? They could be anywhere on the Isles by now!" Gus exclaimed.

But Amity wasn't worried, she knew exactly where Luz and the others were.