“Fuck up”, Killian muttered looking away from Kavina

Kavina then heard him and furrowed her eyebrows looking towards him, “ Excuse me?”

Killian scoffed, “I ain't say nun shawty”

“Oh”, she muttered feeling embarrassed all over again

“I'm gonna check on the food, it was nice seeing y'all”, she waved slightly

“Go on, girl”, Na'veah waved her off

Kavina walked off feeling a bit overwhelmed, she noticed her step-mother and paternal aunt (Marilyn) setting up the table and went on to help them.

“Hey mamas”, she smiled at them

“Hey baby, why yo face so red?”, her aunt put plates down

“Uh, it's hot”, she lied setting the utensils

“It's February in Atlanta, Kavina”, her mother stale faced her

She sighed, “Fine, I met sum of Na'veah and Malikʼs friends”

“Oh she's flustered, girl why ain't you just say that”, her aunt mugged her

“I don't know”, she set glasses around the table

“Were they nice?”, her mother asked curiously

“Yeah, but this one was a bit mean”, she shrugged

“Killian?”, her aunt guessed setting the food

“Yeah”, she looked over to her aunt

“Oh baby, he just a bit closed off, I've known him for about fifteen years now, he'll come around since you'll be seeing him a lot”, her aunt said

“Whatchu mean”, she asked

“Malik and Na'veah are moving here”, her mother informed her

“Forever?”, her eyes beamed with hope

She missed her cousins more than anything, they were her bestfriends.

“I don't know baby, but they'll be official Atlanta folks by tomorrow”, her aunt shrugged

“Why ain't they tell me?”, she frowned

“Maybe they was finna suprise you, tell everyone the foodʼs ready will ya'?”, her mother waved her off

“Okay”, she walked off to the backyard informing everyone the food was ready and took a seat by the table.

Thirty minutes later, Kavina was fed up with the snarky comments her step-mother's family made. She had held her tongue for how long she could tolerate it until they'd began to mock her mom such as, “no wonder she left you”. She couldn't hold on a bit longer, they all made her so angry and it took a lot for her to lose her cool.

“Kavina calm down”, her step-mother tried to calm her down

“No,I'm sick and tired of them saying these things about me. I ain't yo blood but atleast respect me, it's all I ever ask for, not much”, she wiped her tears going up to her room

She opened the door to her bedroom her parents kept for her, jumping on the bed with no care, Kavina felt a hard surface followed with a groan.

“Shit”, the person on her bed cursed

She jolted up and squinted her eyes before closing her bedroom door.

“Killian?”, she guessed

“The fuck you jump on me for?”, he mugged her

She shook her head, “Nigga, what is you doing on my bed?”

He groaned getting up, “Yo fam hella noisy down there”

She rolled her eyes, “That isn't a good enough excuse, could've went outside”

“Yo fam was down there too, damn asking too many questions”, he snapped at her. She gasped at the sudden outburst and sat on her bed, next to him.

From the corner of her eye, she'd seen him lay down before draping an arm around her lower waist and sighed with his eyes closed.
Her cheeks tinted into a pinkish color.

“Killian... Killian?”, she shook him

“A nigga tryna go to sleep shawty, lemme have that”, he huffed moving closer to her trying to get comfortable

“You could always go home”, she muttered

She heard light snores, knowing that he had fallen asleep, she huffed trying to get off the bed but he pulled her closer and after a few attempts of trying to get out of his embrace, she laid back and thought about writing a new poem.

She checked her phone for any notifications, she checked her socials then suddenly got into wonderland once she checked pinterest, saving a few pins and watching a few videos, she decided she had enough screen time and set her phone on her nightstand before laying her head on the headboard and falling asleep.

  After a well needed nap, Kavina woke up and looked beside, seeing that Killian had still been sleeping. She huffed as the grip on her waist got tighter. She didn't hear any hassle from downstairs so that concluded that everyone left.

She looked over to her nightstand, checking the time on her alarm clock, 7:20, she sighed, contemplating on whether she should wake him up but decided against it.

She studied his features as he slept, how his lips parted as he slept, how his skin radiated in the dark, the way his eyelashes fluttered as he'd scrunch his face up, in her eyes he was “a real man”.

She'd gotten an idea on what her poem should be on so she turned on the light beside her bed and dug in her nightstand drawers for a notepad and pen, quietly so she wouldn't wake Killian up.

She found what she'd been looking for and began to write whatever comes to mind.