Time Will Tell

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Twilight by Stephenie Meyers

Summary: Heartbreak has never been easy, especially if your lover is not of the same nature as you, and in the end, everything will end. JALICE New Moon breakup AU [Human!Alice/Vampire!Jasper]

...oOo....

He was there when the moon came out.

He was there when the heating was turned on, and a blanket covered my whole body.

He was there when the soft sound of my heartbeat filled the dim room.

He was there when my eyes were tightly closed.

He was only there when I couldn't catch him for the last time.

...oOo...

Lean fingers placed a white rose on the study table, which was cluttered with various books and pieces of fabric and paper. He smiled when he saw the lines of his face perfectly painted on a piece of paper that had been erased countless times by the creator.

His shadow slowly approached the thick blanket that covered the figure, which was why he decided to come tonight. A decision that would make the person he wanted so badly to protect cry and maybe hate him enough to realize they couldn't be together. Not in this lifetime. Even though it would cost him everything and she would hate him, he had to save her. Maybe this was punishment for all the sins he had committed in his past life.

The blanket moved, and he stayed to watch a short black cropped hair that he liked to touch pop up before the smooth skin that he wanted to kiss came with a beautiful face that he liked to look at for hours. Tonight will be the last time to see her and be with her, so he does what he shouldn't do, yet catching her saying his name in her sleep makes him regret kissing her forehead and walking away from this room. The only room that makes him breathe easily is because it smells like her, like hope, but damn, life has its way of ruining it.

...oOo...

I was there when the flowers were blooming.

I was there when the sunlight lingered on my skin.

I was there when my lips were still asking how he was doing.

I was there when my brown eyes never found the gold pair that I longed for.

I was only there when his appearance turned into memory and tears.

...oOo...

A loud alarm seemed to compete with the silent cry I had been hiding. However, all the distractions from a more extended look for his shadows were in vain when I saw a flower that knew precisely who the delivery was. The night breeze is the only sign that he indeed says goodbye.

All the signs were clear, but I kept my eyes closed because I hoped this sad fantasy would become a reality until he made the hard decision that I wished he wouldn't, because saving me was his top priority, and I hated him for leaving me alone. I'll never be saved if he's not around.

Now I just hold on to this rose with all my remaining strength.

...oOo...

He was there when I closed my locker on my first day as a transfer student.

He was there in almost every class I took, watching me silently from behind the row.