Volume 3, Chp. 9: End of the Beginning

Start from the beginning

"Blake, this wasn't your fault." Tali comforts Blake while rubbing her arm.

"Yang..." Ruby says extremely concerned about her sister.

"Hey," Shepard's voice called to Ruby as he pats her head. "Your sister's strong, she'll pull through. Right now, there are ships ready to take you all beck to Vale."

"Wait!" Nora called out earning everyone's attention. "But Jaune and Pyrrha are still missing!"

Nora tries to get up before wincing in pain.

"Don't move, Nora. Pinga!" Vega says while laying Nora down.

"WHAT?!" Ruby shouts.

"Look guys," Sun called out before pointing at Beacon. "That giant Grimm keeps circling the school! Even the White Fang are pulling out, well, the ones that didn't get wounded or captured."

"But... (Y/N)-Darling went there!" Weiss calls out after.

"WHAT?!" NMDY, SPRD, and everyone else shots in shock.

"How?" Shepard asked.

"I... I don't know," Ruby replied. "I think Big Brother snapped after you called him."

We tried talking to him, but his Aura and Biotics went ballistic!" Weiss continues after Ruby. "(Y/N)-Darling's power skyrocketed sending all of us back and he made this... Ohm-awful roar before flying towards Beacon!"

"That must've been what scared the Grimm off," Ren says after. "When Nora and I were fighting the Grimm, we heard a roar, and it made the Grimm run off. Thank Ohm for that. Besides, we're not... leaving..."

Ren tries to stand, before dropping from his wounds and letting out a pained groan as he was helped down by Jacob and Miranda. There was silence in the area as everyone held a worried or concerned expression until...

"I'll find them," Ruby said gaining everyone's attention. "I'll find them, and I'll bring them back."

"No!" Weiss says but stood by Ruby. "WE will find them."

"Not alone you two," Garrus says before readying his sniper rifle followed by Liara standing by them. Garrus then looks to Shepard. "Shepard..."

"Don't worry, we'll watch over them," Shepard replies. "You four have 45 minutes. GO!"

From there, Ruby, Weiss, Garrus, and Liara made a B-line towards Beacon Academy while everyone watched them run into the distance.

~Outside Beacon Tower~

Showing the outside of Beacon Tower, with much debris and destruction around, the sounds of Ozpin and Cinder's battle could be heard as both Pyrrha and Jaune raced outside before stopping a few feet away from the tower.

"Okay, I think I have Glynda's number, the same with John and (Y/N)'s," Jaune says before stepping to the side looking through his scroll. "Oh, where are they?"

Pyrrha turns and silently looks at the tower in the time.

"Pyrrha..." Jaune's voice calls out breaking her sight as an open rocket locker was nearby. "What was all of that?"

"I..." Pyrrha goes to tell Juane but a sudden explosion interrupts Pyrrha followed the sight by Cinder using fire to fly up through the elevator shaft. The two teens stare at the tower in surprise.

"But... Ozpin..." Jaune says in disbelief.

"There's no time..." Pyrrha says before earning a determined expression and looked to Jaune. "Go. Get to Vale and call for help."