Chapter 8

After a long nap Amelia decides it's time to finally wake the girl currently asleep on top of Rory. She picks up the girl making her pacifier fall out of her mouth and onto Rory's chest. Slowly bouncing the little in her arms, Sam starts to whine tucking her head into Amelia neck.

"Cmon Sammy it's time to wake up." Amelia tries moving the girl out of her hiding spot making the tired girl very upset to leave her comfort.

"Nuuuuuuu" Sam fussed and almost started crying again as she gripped onto Amelia's blouse. The whole day is just crashing down on her and she feels tired and overwhelmed by everything and above all she's worried Amelia might leave again.

"I know sweetie, but we have to wake up so we can get some food into that belly." Amelia kissed the girls head while gently bouncing her trying to keep the tears at bay. Sam sniffles and nods her head feeling very hungry all of the sudden. Amelia chuckles at the girl and walks out the door and into the cafeteria with Rory following. Looking over Amelia's shoulder Sam watches Rory make funny faces at her causing the little to giggle and hide her face into Amelia's neck.

The three of them sat down at a table as a worker came by and dropped off a plate of cut up chicken, broccoli, and mash potatoes. Sam picked up the blue baby fork holding it in a fist as she stabbed at the potato's bring it to her mouth. She messily ate getting food everywhere before Rory decided to take the fork away from the little.

"Nu thas mine, meanie" Sam says with a pout as she crosses her arms over her chest. Rory chuckled at the small girl huffing and puffing while sitting on her wife's lap. Sticking the fork into the chicken Rory brings it to the littles mouth only for her to turn her head away out of stubbornness.

All the events from earlier has Sam feeling incredibly little. "Little one, I need you to be a good puppy and let me feed you." Rory says softly but leaves no room for argument. The wolf side of Sam wants to do everything Rory says while the little in her wants to rebel and be a brat. Sam looked into the alphas eyes with defiance only to be met with glowing eyes that made her slightly cower away. Amelia finally decides to step in seeing as Rory's method wasn't working.

"Sammy, we can be here all day. The sooner you let Rory feed you the sooner we can go to the playground." Sam opens her mouth with a pout to let Rory feed her. She couldn't wait to go to the playground so she tried to swallow quickly almost choking in the process.

"Puppy, you need to chew" Rory said sternly after patting the coughing girls back and getting her a sippy cup full of water.

Once Sam was finished she began squirming in Amelia's lap desperately wanting to go play. Amelia understood the silent message and got up making sure to have a firm hold on Sam before leaving the cafeteria. As they walk through the familiar doors Amelia let's Sam down to run off and burn some energy.

Amelia and Rory choose to sit in some bean bags off in the corner of the room as they watch Sam run through the indoor jungle gym laughing loudly. The two women held smiles on their faces watching the girl play, for the first time in a long while they both felt complete. Even though they had each other the caregiver part of them never felt satisfied, but Sam has managed to fill a hole in just a short amount of time.

"I love you" Rory says looking over to her wife.

"I love you more" Amelia rebutted, taking a glance at her wife. She's never get tired of seeing Rory's tall muscular figure or her short wavy blonde hair. In Amelia's eyes she was perfect and couldn't feel luckier.

After about 30 minutes of the two woman chatting they heard crying coming from inside the jungle gym.

"I'll handle this." Rory said to Amelia as she stood up following the sound of crying. She had to climb up a ladder, go through a tunnel, and jump into a ball pit before she found the girl on the floor holding her wrist to her chest as she cries.