vii. honey soy chicken

Start from the beginning

Evelyn nodded in agreement, "It's like Korean thanksgiving — "

"Yeah, minus the genocide." A voice said from behind the two, making the siblings turn their heads to look behind them.

"It's pretty much the same." Yuri shrugged, "You go home, eat your ass off and argue with the relatives."

Kitty pointed at Evelyn and herself, "We don't have relatives."

"Maybe you should use this time to study." Professor Lee said, as he slipped Kitty her Lit test.

"I have been studying."

"Really?"

A big red F mark was circled on her paper. "I think I'm in shock." Kitty commented as she grabbed her paper, scanning her answers.

Professor Lee then slipped Evelyn her own paper, revealing a big A mark, circled by the side.

Kitty took a glance at her and Evelyn's paper, sighing as she did so.

Calling Evelyn an academic achiever was an understatement. There was no doubt that she was in fact, smarter than her younger sister. Sure, Kitty was smart but Evelyn was smarter. She would always focus on her studies, not letting anything get past that ambition of hers.

Evelyn looked at Kitty with a sad smile.

"Your shock worries me." Professor Lee spoke, "Your aggressive perkiness may have charmed your American teachers into giving you good grades, but here you'll need to put in more work.

"Good job, Evelyn." He said before leaving the two to return more papers to students.

Evelyn sighed and rubbed Kitty's back as Kitty continued looking at her paper in disbelief.

When school was over, Evelyn didn't have any plans. So, she decided to explore the campus more.

She wore a loose beige cardigan, with a white crop top underneath, loose denim jeans with beige hearts scattered around the sides and her usual dirty converses.

Evelyn also wore her hair half up, a white bow holding it together, just like what she wore during the welcome party.

She grabbed her purse before she was stopped by her sister.

"Hey," She said smugly, "What are you doing?"

Evelyn raised her eyebrows at her, "I'm gonna go around campus, why?"

Kitty's eyes twinkled, "Could you go Chuseok shopping now?"

Evelyn's eyes widened, "Oh, yeah. I forgot about that, I'll go do that right no — "

"More than twenty people are coming.."

"What?" Evelyn exclaimed, "I thought I was gonna cook for both of us? And, well, save some for the others." She said, talking about their roommates.

"I kind of, sort of, invited Professor Alex. Then, um, the word spread around." Kitty chuckled awkwardly.

Evelyn sighed and grabbed her purse, "You owe me one." She said before leaving the dorm.

Kitty smiled gratefully at her, cheering silently when Evelyn left the dorm.

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

Evelyn was pushing her cart as her eyes furrowed on the recipe she found in safari.

She looked up two to five Korean dishes and was having a hard time, considering she was switching tabs to translate and also opening her translator app.

In the Covey household, Lara Jean was the baker, she baked all sorts of pastries like cupcakes, cakes, cookies and more.

Evelyn was the cook, she started cooking when she was at a pretty young age. Ever since she mastered her Korean Honey Soy chicken, her family begged for her to continue her love for cooking — Even Peter Kavinski loved her cooking.

She then looked through all the sauces, finding one that she used for her iconic chicken recipe.

Then, she came in contact with her certain roommate.

"You're seriously everywhere." Minho said, annoyingly. "You're like my very own sasaeng."

Evelyn looked at him in disbelief, "I'm not a sasaeng. If I would be a sasaeng, I wouldn't be yours."

He shook his head, "Nope. I don't believe it."

"What are you even doing in a grocery store anyway?" Evelyn remarked, "Shouldn't you be in a yacht somewhere, flirting with girls and be rich and annoying?"

"Hmm. My dad is doing that with wife number three with her new fillers." He said, as if it was nothing, "I have decided to stay here as a favor to all the women who want a piece of me.." He held up a box of strawberries and chocolate, "...this Chuseok."

"Strawberries and chocolate? How cute, make sure to give the old lady your dating some Aspirin too." Evelyn smiled sarcastically.

He put a hand to his heart, "An old lady? I'm better than than. I'm sure Lulu will appreciate this."

"Who's Lulu? Another one of you side chicks?" Evelyn retorted.

Minho chuckled, "She's only the fastest rising pop star in the country." He flexed, showing a picture of her on his phone. "We've been flirting since her trainee days. She's on break from the tour for the holiday."

She gave him a deadpanned look. "Even K-pop stops for Chuseok."

He looked at her cart snoopily, He grabbed the only thing that she didn't know how to cook. "Do you even know what to do with this?"

She grabbed the pack of noodles in his hand. "That, I do not know. But the others in this cart I do know what to do with them."

"Oh really? What do you do then?"

Evelyn smiled greedily, "I'm gonna make my famous Honey Soy chicken."

"Really? But that's all you're making this Chuseok?" He crossed his arms.

"Nope, and with the help of safari and maybe a little bit of Tiktok — I got everything handled perfectly." Evelyn said with confidence as she lead the cart away from him.

Minho pulled the cart back and scoffed, "No, no, no. As a Korean national, I can not in good conscience let you desecrate my native cuisine like this."

"What do you mean? My chicken is literally a Korean recipe." She defended.

"That isn't all you're serving this Chuseok, is it?" He looked at her, his lips pressed in a thin line.

"Well — "

"I'm not hearing any protests." He commented, walking towards the vegetables.

"Just don't spend my money." Evelyn groaned as she followed him.

Minho shrugged as he picked up carrots, looking at them for a second before placing it in the cart. "I'll pay for all of it." he muttered as he walked into another isle.

Evelyn's eyes widened, "What — Hey! Wait up!"

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮ |  tvvlip speaks !
kinda filler chapter 😐😐 the
bathroom scene though 🙈