vii. honey soy chicken

Start from the beginning

Evelyn nodded, "Yeah, plus you guys will warm up. Especially since it's your first day in the dorm."

"But let's just stop talking about Dae." Kitty said as the trio walked through the garden, a cup of coffee on their hand.

"Okay." Q said quietly, "You're the one who brought him up."

Kitty sighed and showed them an email, "Look."

Evelyn's eyes squinted at the words, She didn't understand one bit of the email.

"I can't even pretend to read Hangul until I finish this coffee." Q sighed.

"It says, 'We do not release information about private adoption.' Which is the only thing I know how to read in Korean." Kitty nodded to herself.

Evelyn looked at her with worry, "Kitty, we aren't even sure about Professor Alex. Also, shouldn't we say something to LJ and Margot?"

"Agreed, can we drop this Alex thing? Go back to talking about you and Dae."

"Okay, guys. It's not an Alex thing, I know in my gut that Alex is our brother." Kitty defended.

"Okay."

" — Or, I'm pretty sure."

The trio stopped, Q looking at the siblings back and forth, "But maybe you should talk to your for-sure siblings about this, like Evelyn said."

Kitty sighed, "Yes, I want to, but I can't. Alex needs to know first. Also there is that miniscule chance that I am not right."

"Honestly, Kit? Just ask him." Evelyn said sincerely.

Q nodded, "Most of the school will be gone for Chuseok anyway so this would be the perfect weekend to corner him."

Kitty looked at her sister in the mention of the holiday, a twinkle in her eyes.

"I'm not cooking for Chuseok." Evelyn sighed as she walked past her.

"Please? For me?"

Evelyn sighed, and nodded slowly, "Fine. But I know nothing about Korean dishes."

"Could you just try?" Kitty smiled at her, desperate for her agreement.

"I wasn't planning to, but fine." Evelyn responded sarcastically. Receiving a sudden hug from Kitty.

"And were late — " Q chimed in, running slightly, trying to not spill the coffee in his hands.

"Shit."

"We are? Like super late?"

"Very late."

"Professor Lee will kill me."

"I know."

"We know."

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

"Chuseok is the Korean celebration of the good harvest." Their principal, Jina said to the class.

Kitty and Evelyn slowly trailed in the room.

They received a look from the Principal, "And it's a time to thank our ancestors for bringing us prosperity and to pay respect for those we have lost."

"We do that by going home." She continued, "It is a very special holiday in our house. Because family is the most precious thing in the world, and we do not take it for granted."

"Enjoy your break, everyone, have a good Chuseok." She stated before leaving the room, receiving'Thank you's' from the class.

"Our grandparents told us about Chuseok, right? It's weird though, we never had one." Kitty said to her sister, who was sitting beside her.