"It happened before magic was banned in this kingdom," Gaius began, his voice carrying a weight of history. "It was on Baltimore's coronation day. As he was being crowned king, an old wizard suddenly appeared out of thin air. The wizard confronted Baltimore with chilling words: 'I know what you did in the Forest of Nimueh, you evil and greedy man.'"

"Baltimore, enraged by the accusation, ordered his guards to seize the wizard. But before they could even react, the wizard unleashed a powerful blast from the tip of his staff, sending the guards flying. A girl will be born on the thirteenth day of the third month of your second reign, the old man proclaimed. She will be of Askian birth. She will be your doom and reduce you to nothing but ashes. With a poof of smoke, the wizard vanished, leaving behind only his laughter."

"Thirteenth day of the third month? That's Aries 13th," Ciara interjected.

Gaius nodded, affirming her observation, and continued his account. "After being crowned king, Baltimore ordered his guards to closely monitor all pregnant women with the likelihood of giving birth that year. Eventually, a farmer's wife did give birth to a girl, just as the wizard had predicted."

"This part only Baltimore and I know," Gaius confided, his voice tinged with sorrow. "He forcefully took the child from her parents and burned their house down. The poor child's parents perished in that fire. Baltimore chose to raise the girl. Can you guess why?"

"To prove his invincibility and power, and to satisfy his ego," Ciara replied, her voice filled with a mix of understanding and disgust.

"Correct," Gaius confirmed, appreciating Ciara's insight. "Unbeknownst to him, however, two female children were born on that fateful day, both of Askian birth. The second was Princess Sage, and the first was you."

Ciara tightened her grip on Stompy, her mind racing with the weight of the revelations. "How old are you?" Gaius inquired, his tone holding a purpose.

"Nineteen," Ciara answered, her voice steady but curiosity building within her.

"It's almost time," Gaius mused to himself, a hint of anticipation in his words. "During your stay here, it is crucial that you keep your distance from the Askian royal family. Do not divulge your birthdate to anyone," he warned her, his tone filled with concern.

"Okay," Ciara replied, her mind buzzing with questions. Why was Gaius sharing all this information with her? What was the impending event he mentioned? And most importantly, how did her father and Gaius know each other?

The next morning, as the sun began to rise, the contestants gathered in the newly constructed contest arena, which was teeming with thousands of spectators from various kingdoms and backgrounds. The anticipation in the air was palpable; this contest was the first of its kind.

Silence fell over the arena as King Baltimore rose from his seat and approached the podium. With his imposing stature, bald head, and raspy voice, his presence commanded attention. "Welcome, one and all, to the grandest contest of the year. We, the people of Askia, are honored to host participants from other kingdoms," he declared, prompting the crowd to erupt in applause.

Among the crowd, Morgana, Prudy, Mordecai, and the Ickies managed to find seats and listened attentively to Baltimore's words. Meanwhile, Ciara observed Baltimore from the contestants' area, her nerves and curiosity intertwining, Gaius's words echoed in her mind.

Continuing his address, Baltimore announced the arrival of King Johnwick of Chamelor and his sons-Prince Arcwick, Prince Warwick, and Prince Fizzwick. King Johnwick, an average-heighted blonde man with silver streaks, and a musketeer beard, entered with his sons, the two princes looking almost identical, save for their different hairstyles. Prince Fizzwick, about the same age as the Ickies, completed the royal entourage, all of them sporting mesmerizing blue eyes.