14

Suengcheol, Jeonghan, and Joshua were in the same class. "Shua, you look very cute today," Jeonghan said, pinching Joshua's cheek, and surprisingly, Joshua was smiling sweetly at the gesture. The two had become very close now,  and the two simply ignored the man who was glaring at them. "Am I invisible?" Suengcheol said to himself, Suengcheol tried to focus on the lecture, but with Jeonghan shamelessly flirting with Joshua, he was not able to focus at all.

As soon as the class ended, Suengcheol dragged Joshua away from Jeonghan and took him to the council office, which was empty. "Why did you drag me here?" Joshua glared, rubbing his wrist. "I am sorry... did I hurt you?" Suengcheol said, caressing Joshua's hand, "It's not like you care anyway," Joshua mumbled, but Suengcheol heard it clearly and looked down, feeling guilty

Choi Household

Suengcheol reached home and laid down on his.

*knock knock...

he sighed and opened the door. He smiled at his mother and invited her in. "Did you enjoy your vacation, mom?" He asked, motioning her to sit on the couch while he did the same. "Yes. The cherry blossom was so beautiful, and the hotel we stayed at gave the perfect view, " his mom said smiling and showed photos to him.
_______________

"Isn't the flowers so pretty?" Joshua said, showing the flower petal in his hand. Suengcheol came near Joshua and hugged him from the back humming.

"I heard the cherry blossom in Japan look very beautiful at this time," Joshua said. "Do you want to go see it?" Suengcheol asked, resting his head on Joshua's shoulder. Joshua giggled, turning around to face him, "You are asking as if you are going to take me there right now."

Suengcheol gave a smug smile and said, "Well, I can if you ask me politely," Joshua scoffed at it, "As if... I can go by myself during the break." "Alone? Who will drive for you ?" Suengcheol asked, "Well, I have many friends who can drive, or I can take the driver," Joshua retorted. "So... you don't want to go with me?" Suengcheol asked, pouting.

"You idiot... I was just joking. Stop sulking alredy," Joshua said but the latter kept on pouting, Joshua put his arms aroung Suengcheol neck and pulled him in a long passionate kiss and said, "You said we will marry right after our studies. So maybe... you can take me there after our marriage," Joshua said softly, and as expected, Suengcheol had the biggest smile on his lips and declared, "I will buy a house there, just for us."
___________

Suengcheol broke out of his trance when his mother gently shook him and said, "What are you thinking about?" "Sorry mom... I am happy you enjoyed your vacation," Suengcheol said. His mom smiled, "It's okay. Oh... I bought this for you," she said and showed him two red thread bracelets with knots. Suengcheol took the bracelet, "Isn't it a couple bracelet?" He asked confusedly, and his mom nodded.

He widened his eyes and said, "No, mom! I am not giving it to Jeonghan. I dont even like -" "Yah! Listen first," his mom nagged, and Suengcheol took it as a cue to shut up.

"Listen, it is not for Jeonghan. It is for you and that Joshua boy whom you love too much," his mom said. "But mom, we already broke up. He probably would never forgive me," Suengcheol replied, shoulder slumping.

"I knew it! So it was your fault. Give this bracelet to him and ask for a second chance. The shopkeeper told me there is a legend that the red thread ties you with the person you are destined with for eternity. Giving someone these means one wants their partner to know that their relationship may stretch or tangle like a thread but it will never break and they want them to stay with them forever," his mom said and Suengcheol widened his eyes shocked that his mother was willing to go against his father's words.

"But father told me not to -" "Forget about your dad. He is selfish. He is putting his personal grudge come in between you two's relationship. Don't you love him?" His mom asked, cutting his words, "I do. I really love him. I can't believe I was the one who broke up with him," he said regretfully. "Then go, don't miss your chance, and if everything settles well, introduce him to me," his mom said smiling and hugged him.

"Wait! Mom, what do you mean by personal grudge?" Suengcheol asked. "Siwon and Hong Ji-yo used to be good friends before. I don't know the details but they promised to start a business together and they put all their blood, sweat and tears in planning it. But after they graduated, Ji-yo moved to America for some reason, and they were not able to contact each other. So Siwon started off his own business," his mom explained. "But, what does that have to do with me dating Joshua?" Suengcheol asked, confused. He really didn't understand why his father would prohibit him from dating Joshua.

"It's because he thinks Joshua would betray you in the same way his father did," Jiyeon(Suengcheol's mother) stated. "So that's why I am telling you, my son, don't let your father's selfish reason come in the way of your love. Now go and ask him to be your boyfriend again," his mom said, patting his shoulder and walking out of the room.

Suengcheol quickly got ready and went out feeling giddy and texted Joshua smiling at the familiar pet name.

Cheol❤️
Shua... where are you?

Shua❤️
At the hospital, why?

Cheol❤️
Nothing... dont worry.

He put down his phone and got into his car, driving towards the hospital.

A/n:🍀