t h r e e

Well.. That was super new. Like, really.

I stared at Junmyeon for a couple of seconds before finding myself giving a weak nod. Damn, everything about him was very distractingㅡ the eyes, the nose and that forehead. "Yes, we are best friends ever since we both had gum stuck on our hair together during the first year's ceremony."

I thought that incident was pretty funny but yet disastrous since it was only the first day of school. I was late for the opening ceremony; and then got dragged out by a bunch of third year students at the gate. I didn't remember what really happened in the process, but somehow the gum was on my hair and then tangled with Irene's hair who was sitting beside me.

"That's funny. How did you solve the problem?"

"We had to cut that part of our hair together. It was pretty dope!" I caught myself laughing loudly and then cleared my throat in embarrassment. "We clicked together fast since then."

"Good to hear that. In that case..you know everything about Irene right?" He raised one of his eyebrows. God damn, the more I looked at him at this kind of close distance, the more I wanted to choke myself over his perfection.

"..not bragging, but yes."

"Brilliant!" He grinned. "You know that Valentines day is  coming right?"

I felt butterflies in my stomach. At the same time, I felt uneasy because he just mentioned the name of Valentine. How I wished for him to know that I wanted to confess my feelings to him on that day. "So what if Valentine is coming?" I tried to hide my excitement by acting nonchalant about it.

"It's really important for me. I really like this girl but I don't know how to approach her. I feel nervous and it feel like I'm turning into rock when I walk beside her," Junmyeon began to said.

I started to furrow my brows together. Urm, wait. Cue the red card immediately, please?

"When the first time I laid my eyes on Irene, she kept appearing in my dream."

Oh, wow! Nice oneㅡ whoah, hold up a minute. My brain started to became jammed with the sudden confession. Holy shit!

My best friend!

"I..like her, Chorong. Can you help me?" Hearing him calling my name was sure a heaven that could beat chicken nuggets; but then..how could I help him? When it was actually me who had feelings for him all along? Why wouldn't he see it?

If I choose to help him, it means that I would bring them together even if it meant to throw away my feelings. But if I chose to ignore his request, then I wouldn't help him and just confess my love normally, just like what I've had planned.

But in the end, somehow I could visualise the answer that I'd be getting from Junmyeon. Of course he'd reject me right on the spot when I decided to confess to him. Right?

"O..okay. I'll help you."

Best friend, it is.

"Thank you! You know, I was so scared to ask you at first because I thought you might refuse like what other girls would do."

I faked a chuckle to ease the atmosphere up. "I want Irene to be happy too. She must be excited to know the school's heartthrob has taken a crush on her." It was like poison rolling off from my tongue.

"I hope she will say yes to me."

I pressed my lips into a thin line. "D-don't worry. I will help you in everything I can do."