2. Feelings

If there is anything he has to worry about, it was his feelings.

   Shinichi sat in a strandmon armchair with one leg on top of the other, elbows resting on the armrests, fingers pushed together, his head drooping down beneath his eyelashes, and his viola in front of him. As usual, he had isolated himself deep inside his mind palace.

   Shinichi had been fighting with his feelings for a year, unable to express or to confess it to you. A part of him you are unable to surpass of the barrier he had created for himself, deep within was  his beating heart that only beats for you everytime he sees you at work everyday.

    He felt satisfied by the vivid memories that were playing back in his head because, on the first day of your case with him, your statements were abrupt and had an impact on his heart that left an imprints. All alphas were aware that whatever their soulmates said would leave an impression on them and be carried by them if the other person shared their sentiments. It's typical to see Omegas reject their soulmates, let alone experience anguish that will soon give way to intense, dark emotions.

     He sighed, he played the memories once more:

      A woman in alarming pink was sprawled out on the floor and had been declared dead four hours prior, giving Shinichi plenty of time to consider his reasons and the events leading up to her passing.

     Standing by Shinichi's side with his arms crossed, Meguri had to explain his own justifications. Shincihi quickly became perplexed as a result of it. He did not like it, especially what had occurred after he had told Ran everything right away.

     He still struggles to come out of his hole and doubts himself, trying not to let the hurtful emotions get to him. He believed in her and had taken all the necessary steps to make her safe yet is was not enough. He—

   "That's brilliant." He soon turned to the voice that made his heart skip a bit; he had heard he'd partner up with someone in the department who, as stated by Meguri, had never had a partner before.

   "What?" Shinichi cocks his head, bewildered. Meguri left his side.

   "I mean," You cough, fixing your throat. "Well, your dedication is brilliant. I've never seen anyone like it in the department. You are something."

    He gave you a genuine smile: Thank you. Not everyone is likely to say it to me."

  "What do they normally say?"

   "Piss off." 

    After letting out a few audible gasps, Shinichi quickly averted his gaze from the bookcases in his father's room and exhaled in relief. This recollection brought him comfort and was unique to him in case he hadn't seen you at work for several days following the incident for which he had reprimanded you in the car, which had caused him to feel ill and anxious.

    After reprimanding you (always), Shinichi felt guilty; it wasn't his fault that he had behaved in this manner, just like his former coworkers. After the Black Organization, when he was Conan, it was his defense mechanism. Sooner, one by one, they all left him, leaving you who stayed the most. He thanked you for handling his attitude, his cold glares, his unpleasant words, and his haughty decisions, which, of course, usually make your hair pull out. The parts of your statements that refer to his history pain him the most, but he quickly comes to realize that they are accurate.

      Shinichi is incapable of expressing his gratitude to you adequately; all he has accomplished is to irritate you and exacerbate your connection with him. He adores it. He adores the focus you placed on him, the way your brow furrowed in irritation when he made a remark that quickly escalated into a fight, and the intense worry you felt for him whenever something went wrong and resulted in an argument that would go back in the department by the following day without speaking to one another.