CHAPTER 4: Another Vision

That night, I tried to sleep without thinking about anything that I thought I saw but I couldn't, I felt someone was watching me so I got up and sat up straight, grabbed the rusty vase, again looking all around the corner. And a figure of a man appeared, I threw it aiming right at his face but it went through him. My jaw dropped to the bed. I was terrified when he looked straight into my eyes, his gaze was fixed on me and mine was on him. Just then I realized that he was the one that appeared in my dream but he wasn't in military uniform. He drew closer, his gaze was still fixed on me; obsidian – black pool. His lips moved, but no sound came out of them. Is he mute? Am I deaf? 

"What brings you here?" I asked him although I was so terrified of what he might do to me but I didn't show it on my face. I had to act naturally if I'm dealing with something that doesn't belong to our world. He looked at me, his face was all dropped and he wanted to say something but he turned the other way around and his attire slowly changed into a navy blue military uniform just like the one I saw in my dream. That's when I saw the torn fabric and dried blood of a gaping hole in the middle of his back as if someone had aimed for his heart.

He came closer and sat on my bed, that's it I could barely feel his warmth, he's solid not a ghost. His eyes narrowed as if he were puzzled. "What do you want from me?" I demand although I was freaking out when he came closer as he sat beside me. "I need a favor to solve a murder and it's only you that can help me." he pleaded with his eyes as he looks into my eyes. "Oh, really? But why me?" I asked anxiously. "I'm...I'm... sorry, I know I'm troubling you... but after all these years I've been waiting for someone... someone who can see me. Fe stuttered.  "When you first came in, you spotted me near the panels and that's when I knew I could use your help". "Who's the murder victim?" I ask sarcastically. "I am". His eyes flutter shut. Such long dark eyelashes brush his rough cheeks. He slowly opened up to me, about what had happened to him and how he found himself dead.

He also told me that the inn that we're staying in now was a medical camp for soldiers that had been shot or injured in the battle. His soul can't rest in peace and he explained that he was not killed, he was murdered, and so he wants to take revenge on whoever was behind his death. I know it sounded crazy yet I agreed to help him. That very same night, I tried to sleep but I had a strange feeling. I opened my eyes and I saw a shadow on top of me looking right into my eyes. I screamed the hell out of it and it disappeared. Just then I noticed Jonathen was at the window and he quickly came to me asking what happened. "Are you alright?"  I shuttered, "Yes... I... I... think so". He then smiled and walked back to the window and I lay back on my bed again. I fixed my eyes on him, admiring his look, his cherry red lips, pale white skin, and his attractive muscular body. although my eyes were on him, my mind was wandering around what I saw just now which made me scream at the top of my lung. Was it a dream or was it real..? I asked myself. With a deep sigh, I look at him again. 

He turned and fixed his eyes on me and said "You're beautiful" and then he chuckled. I blushed but I hid my face in the blanket. "Why are you hiding? You look beautiful even when you're blushing." How the hell does he know all this..? I thought to myself. "A man with pale white skin that has moving cherry lips is watching me trying to sleep. As you can see the situation here is quite difficult to fall asleep when someone as hot as you is looking at me". I said while my face is still half-covered with my duvet. "Hot..? I don't feel hot, do you..?" he asked with a frown. I chuckled at his question and then I replied; "it means you're magnificently attractive and I can't sleep if someone as good-looking as you are watching me sleep". He chuckled and then he approached me to the bed and sat down beside me. "Don't mind me, I just want to keep you safe."  He gently caressed my hair and I saw his eyes trail to my lips and I pulled them in. Shit..!! why did I do that I thought to myself.  He leans forward and kissed my forehead. " Go to sleep, I'll be on watch"; he said softly and he walked back to the window.