CHAPTER 2: Vacation

The next morning, as soon as the sun struck my face, I leaped to my feet, dressed, and began packing my belongings for my first vacation after my mother's death which was after years. "Honey..!! We're getting late," he yelled.

"On my way Dad, I just need to lift this luggage, it's too heavy". "Oh dear, why do I feel like you've packed your whole wardrobe into this small luggage, we're not going to stay there for a year, we'll be back in two weeks in fact we'll leave once my work is done."  I dropped the luggage and stares at him for a moment before I speak." So we're going out just for your working stuff?" I asked disappointedly.  "Dad, I thought we could spend more time together; at least on this vacation but you're still asking me to stay alone? Dad, is there anything about me that concerns you?" I asked with my arms crossed giving an irritated look at my father hoping he would say something. 

Silence for a second and then he continued, "Cahya, you know how much I love you, and all this running without a pause is for you and your future, it's because I don't want you to live in a tough situation." 

"But Dad what's the difference now, I'm already in it and nothing's going to change unless you let me decide what I want because my choices in my life also matters but it's just that you don't trust me," I said sternly trying not to burst in tears. "Honey, I'm sorry I know I've made you feel so bad about yourself and this won't happen again, I promise".

I looked at him for a second, and then I bent down to lift the luggage as I sniff in" Let's go, Dad, we're late, ″ with a little smile at the corner of my lips and he replied with a wink and smiled. He helped me put it in the back of his black BMW while I got myself in the car and the journey began. we were on the road for a few hours now, I lost track because I was busy snacking and enjoying the beautiful scenery looking out the window as we pass by the places which seem to be very unfamiliar to me since I'd never been out of my house for a very very long time. "Where is this place, Dad?" I asked with my brows knitted. "It's in Malacca, there are many historical places where we can stay but we're going to choose one and it's going to be the best,"  he said excitedly. "Historical'? But I hate history. I whined. "No dear", you'll love this one. 'Where are we going to stay? In one of the historical places?' I joked.

He responded after a few seconds without moving his gaze away from the road, "We'll be dropping by the quaint store for quite a while". He then continued; "The mansion was allegedly bombarded by the Germans, according to legend. As a consequence, a large number of individuals lost their lives." I gasped when he told me about the tragedy.

"Do you mean it could be haunted?" I asked nervously. "Don't be silly dear, that's what they said but you don't have to worry much about that". When we arrived at the souvenir shop, Dad got out of the car and went inside to buy something, while I sat in the car staring out the window at how peaceful it looked with the trees swaying and the gentle breeze as I lowered down the window. "Alright honey, I think we're almost there, we'll reach in another 20 minutes". He said after returning back from the shop as he started the car and we were back on the road again. It's a narrow road so Dad drives slowly according to the speed limit. There are no buildings or houses for quite a long and I didn't see any people walking around or living here. As we arrived, I spotted a shirtless guy with longish blond hair sweaty on his shoulders through the window as Dad slowly pulled over. "Welcome to Gselle Inn," says the innkeeper. He smiles with glee and flashes a grin. "Brody Casen, at your service," he said. With many keys rattling in his fingers, he headed towards the house's doorway. 

I lift my gaze to the house, which appears to be haunted. A shadow slips through one of the panels as I observe the top of the house. "Is there anyone up there, or is it just a light trick?" I asked. "Isn't it marvelous?" Dad exclaims as he taps the pineapple-shaped knocker twice."Why the need to knock, sir," Brody says as he retrieves a key out of his pocket. He closes the doors, giving us the full effect of the Gselle Inn, which is dark and dead as a cemetery. The air is dense and suffocating, with a musty odor that reminds me of a wet winter jacket. My heart sinks to the level of my ankles. I can't imagine waking up in such a depressing atmosphere each day."Be careful, Cahya," Dad cautions. The banister is slightly rickety, but don't you think the house has good bones? Snickering, I agree that it could be deteriorating beneath the basement. 

The house was built over a well-known hotel, according to my father. It's fair to say that the town is obsessed with its bloody civil war history, and I'm hoping that the souls of fallen soldiers aren't haunting this old inn. Ever since I came here, I feel something that's not right, I feel some kind of presence like someone's trying to reach me. For a moment I thought it was Mom and I started to wander around my spooky round room. The first day was really uncomfortable as I couldn't sleep because of the spooky atmosphere. I woke up multiple times hearing creepy voices and sounds and I told myself that it was just the wind, the place is quite old and it's nothing else. The second was even more creepier as I often hear voices in the distance even during the day. I couldn't sleep because I could barely hear sounds like screaming, gunfire, sobbing, and voices. Sometimes I'll have the courage to go and look for the direction of the sounds. Since my room is on the third floor that looks like a Rapunzel tower I had to walk down the stairs slowly because it's old and rusty wooden stairs that give a scratching sound yet I can't find any clues about it. And just like that two of my precious day on my first-ever vacation after a long time was gone.

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N: 

Also, vote for it if you like it.. share it with your friends if you like the storyline. Also if you want to bash me with abusive words go ahead cuz I'll block you in that instance. support me ya.. and leave your thought in the comment section.

have fun reading .!!