Chapter VI

The world seemed to spiral when Vishaka opened her eyes from her deep slumber. Her eyes fluttered to her surroundings, the piercing lights blinding her. She woke up, and found herself on her bed, in her chambers. As soon as she woke up a group of maids entered the room. One opened the curtains, the other maids prepared for her bath. 

After her bath, they dressed her up in a brown lehenga, with a red dupatta and gold embroidery. A dearth of gold jewelery, jhumkas, tikka, and bangles were adorned along with the ceremonial bindi on her forehead. The kajal lined eyes gazed at the rest of its face, in the mirror. Vishaka felt the prettiest in this lehenga. As she was thanking the maids, through the mirror she saw a woman standing behind her.

"Gurnaz! Oh my gods, how are you doing?", Vishaka exclaimed.

"I'm doing well, kumari. I came to inform you that the court proceedings have begun", she spoke.

Vishaka nodded, and hurried to the court.

She entered a gigantic hall, filled with lush vines and a big throne at the end of the hall upon with her father, the King of Selvaraj sat. The air was tense, and the mood solemn. Vishaka made her way to the centre of the court and bowed before her father, and her mother who sat to the right of the King. She made her way to the throne, on the left side of her father. 

After everyone was seated, the King spoke,

"As you all know, yesterday, there were a group of unidentified attackers. We have no information about them. My daughter, your princess was attacked yesterday. An attack on Kumari Vishaka is an attack on Selvaraj. General Pathirana, present them to me dead or alive."

The general bowed and spoke loudly, "Long live the Selvans".

The court was dismissed after a few routine proceedings. The King summoned Vishaka and the General.

"Vishaka, your safety is of utmost priority, especially as your wedding nears. I have appointed a trio of guards who will be with you wherever you go. You must comply to their presence, and you will not run off anywhere without them."

"But I-"

"General Pathirana will show you to them, they must already be stationed in front of your quarters by now. I will not hear any protests Vishaka." the King said.

Vishaka rolled her eyes, internally of course, but agreed to her father's conditions. Although she absolutely hated the idea of having three annoying bees flying around her, she wanted to prove to her father that she could take care of herself. 

Except she couldn't when it mattered. 

Cursing under her breath she walked off to her chambers, the general closely trailing her.

"The two of them have been assigned to protect you, my princess, and the third will be your prime bodyguard who will stay with you at all times. I assure you they are our best soldiers, each one swift and alert." General Pathirana spoke.

They reached the chambers where her eyes were drawn to the three men stood in a line.

 The two, young men standing in front, knelt down. Their fists pressed against their chests.

"We vow to protect you at all times, devi," they spoke their heads hung low.

"This is Soldier Jehan and Soldier Aditya," the general spoke.

The third man, then knelt down and spoke, "I vow to protect you with my life, devi"

As he got up, the light gave way to a man with a beautiful face. His eyes were shaped like that of a swan with a deep brown hue. His brows were marked with confidence, his hair smooth and soft, his lips full and jaw sharp. He held a steady gaze and but had a sense of composure and calmness.

Vishaka stared at the man in front of her, her eyes grew wide and she blurted loudly, 

"Zunaid?"

ততততততততততত

A short chapter, but continuing the story after a long time :)

Thinking of posting my vision of the characters in the next chapter! (their aesthetic boards)
Stay tuned for that :D

Hope you guys enjoyed it!
Until next time <3