6. A Trip to Hogsmead

❝ 𝙸𝚏 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔, 𝙸 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚍𝚎. ❞
— 𝖫𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝖶𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖠 𝖧𝗈𝗈𝗄 (Ricky Montgomery)

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

" Valeria you've had this entire magical room to yourself and never said a word to me or Sebastian?" Ominis exclaimed as we stood in the room of requirement. He held his wand out making his way around as I described the room to him.

I shrugged. " Never saw it as necessary. Plus Sebastian always wanted to meet in the undercroft"

" And professor Weasley's allowed you to use this room however you want?" He asked.

I nodded. " Yeah.. to catch up on my studies since I was so behind." I walked over to my dittany garden set up in the corner. I kept all the spare ingredients organized below where their plants grew.

" Now how much dittany you need?" I asked.

He scoffed. " I don't feel bad for taking any now. I'll just take enough to last the semester."

I grabbed a pouch full of it and handed it to him. " Honestly this may be good for the whole year."

He smiled. " Thank you Valeria."

Me and Ominis ended up spending the day in the room of requirement studying. I had hoped to show Sebastian and Ominis together. Let them know this was their shared space to practice spells too just like the undercroft.

But Sebastian still refused to speak to me. And it lasted all week. I thought for sure by midweek he'd finally breathe some sort of word or allow me a chance to explain myself. But nope. It's like as time dragged on the more he drifted away.

I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever speak again. And it saddened me.

" Valeria." Jasper called my name in the Viaduct courtyard as I was about to make my way back to the Slytherin common room.

" Jasper. Hello. How's your first week going?" I asked with a smile. We'd spoken again a couple of times. But only briefly. Seemed he had a lot to make up just as I did.

" Lovely. And I hope it's about to get better." He smiled warmly. " I was wondering if you could accompany me to hogsmead to get some supplies this evening?" He asked with a pleading yet gentle expression. His green eyes shined as they stared into mine.

I thought for a moment. " Perhaps..." I held my hands behind my back as I took a step forward to him. " What do I get out of it?" I asked with a coy smile as I tilted my head. This was fun. What a perfect distraction. I felt like a normal teenager.

He bit his lip. I saw his eyes flicker down and back up to my eyes. He chuckled. " Whatever you want, Love. I've found myself longing for your company again since we first met if I'm being honest."

I laughed softly. " You're quite the charmer with everyone aren't you?"

He took a step forward. Closing more of the gap between us. " A charmer maybe but not with everyone." He shook his head.

" I'll meet you, outside the bell tower just before dark." I smiled.

" I can't wait." He whispered. He smirked and backed up before turning in his heel and walking away.

My face must've been flushed. He was so proper and kind. He didn't even say much and I felt like he had a way with words.

I made my way to the common to the room thinking about our exchange. And throughly looking forward to our trip to hogsmead. I wanted to know more about where the mysterious new student came from.